INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to get audible.com files on iPod so I can listen to them?  (Read 1412 times)

JustinChase

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Getting older every day
How to get audible.com files on iPod so I can listen to them?
« on: February 03, 2005, 01:15:26 pm »

I have 3 'books' that I've bought from Audible.com  They are 'how to speak spanish' books.

I have downloaded them to the iPod, but simply as .pl files, which is how they came from audible.com.  I know I have the option to burn them to a disc as .mp3 files, but I think there might be a better option.  I just don't know how to do it.

Anyone have any advice?

Thanks
pretend this is something funny

Harakiri

Re: How to get audible.com files on iPod so I can listen to them?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2005, 09:00:37 pm »

To get more flexibility for handling Audible files, I usually download them to my PC using Audible's software (AudibleManger). Files will then be stored in the c:\program files\audible\programs\downloads (.aa file format).

I then convert those file to MP3 or WMA using "River Past Audio  Converter (Version  5.0.4, which I use, has built-in .aa files support).

Voilą, you now have .mp3 files you can manipulate at will...

ocenter

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: How to get audible.com files on iPod so I can listen to them?
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 09:37:45 pm »

I use audible manager to download the files and then just import the file into MC11. I Have about 40 books in it all nice and organized and have had no problems yet. The files are imported as .aa files. I don't see any reason to convert them since once they are converted the bookmark won't work with the files anymore.
Pages: [1]   Go Up