INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to move track images  (Read 1572 times)

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
  • Bike, Mind and Body are part of the same system
How to move track images
« on: February 06, 2005, 08:30:29 am »

I have installed a new hard drive for my Media Files and have moved all music and video there.

I now have to move the cover art. But how?

This must be easily possible but I can't find it.

Any ideas?

I'm using MC 10.

TIA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: How to move track images
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2005, 09:49:06 am »

i guess that all depends on where it is, what it is named and where you want it.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2005, 09:51:37 am »

I jut want to move it from my old drive to the new one and keep the links

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2005, 07:06:50 am »

I jut want to move it from my old drive to the new one and keep the links

That part is clear, but you still need to answer to the "Where from?", "How are they named?" and "Where to?" questions. Also: Did you add the drive or did you replace the old? Did the drive letter change?  How did you move your music and video files? How many cover art files do you have? Is there anything else that can be relevant?

If the cover art images are linked from the media files folders the links contain only the plain filenames without paths. In that case they will always be correct when the media folders are moved including the cover art files.

If the cover art images are linked from the cover art folder some extra steps are needed, but it is possible to fix the links. However, more information is needed.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2005, 09:53:48 am »

Thanks,

Hopefully the answers you need are here:

I instlled a new drive and used Move to transfer all media files, the track images are still on the old drive.

I want to move the images to the new drive too.

As for how they are named - I used MC and Cover Art finder to get the images in the first place and the naming was just done then, automatically. I don't know what convention was used. (I don lnow that Cover Art Finder 'found' a load of irrelevant pics and failed to recognise some albums as albums so I ended up with the same image a multitude of times).

Is that what you need?

Thanks again.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2005, 10:45:03 am »

It's still a bit difficult to answer since you didn't give exact information (exact filename paths, drive letters, cover art location in MC options, etc).

So I must guess:

- Your cover art files are in the default MC cover art folder on your C: drive (= your old drive). They are all named in "Artist - Album.jpg" style (MC uses that when it downloads images).
- Your new drive is E: (D: is the CD/DVD drive)
- You are not going to remove the old drive (C:) from your system
- You are not going to change your MC installation on your old (C:) drive
- The images in the old location are still working (even the music files are already moved).
- You would like to move your cover art files to some folder on your new drive (E:), for example to "E:\Cover Art".

A:

Copy the current cover art folder to your new drive with Windows Explorer or by dragging it in MC tree > Drives and Devices. Change the cover art folder in MC options to be correct.

Select all files in your MC library > right-click > select: Image > Remove Cover Art (MC asks if you like to delete the files. Answer no. You can delete the old folder later.)

Select the same files again and right-click > Image > Quick Find in File / Cover Art directory.

Remember to make a library backup first.

This is a way to do it internally with MC. Some other options:
- KingSparta's plug-in for moving the covert art files to the music file folders. (Though, I think it works only with MC11)
- It is also possible to export your library data and edit the information with a word processor and import the data to a new library, but it is a bit more complicated.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

mindracing

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: February 07, 2005, 10:55:10 am »

Thanks Alex, just what I needed.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #7 on: February 07, 2005, 11:07:30 am »

You're welcome. I hope it works well. If MC doesn't find them all or makes some mistakes you can locate the missing cover art files and link them from the same right-click menu (Image > Add From File...).
Pages: [1]   Go Up