INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New - Chart Grabber  (Read 4285 times)

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
New - Chart Grabber
« on: January 25, 2005, 11:57:49 am »

I Know A New - Chart Grabber Has Been Long Over Due

But I Almost Have The New One Ready.

I had to take off the UK since that person who kept that list and updated it weekly vanished.

the new one fixed a bug where like 4 charts were never downloaded (i just found the bug, i did not know the files were not being downloaded).

when you download the chart info if i do not have it it is sent to my server.

people can download the chart info from my ftp site.

I was thinking about using this data in excel format that can be downloaded by chart finder and that you can allow it to search thru or not. (still thinking about that).

this will allow Chart Finder To Self Update With New Data If The User Wants

any ideas?

Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Michel Lefebvre

• Galactic Citizen
Re: New - Chart Grabber
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2005, 07:33:21 am »

Can't wait to see this release. I've been missing the functionality. :)

Michel.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2005, 08:03:58 am »

well see if i can make it happen
Fayetteville, NC, USA

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2005, 11:22:15 am »

Hey King,

I dl the new version - but I am not sure exactly what it does - I ran a batch through my library and it went very quick - but it didn't seem to update the comments section with chart information.  That was one of my favorite things about the old one - because then I went and rated the tracks based on where they charted.  Does this new version do this - if so - how?  and if not - can it be added?  Thanks in advance.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2005, 11:31:10 am »

but it didn't seem to update the comments section with chart information

it don't do that it is not "Chart Finder"

Read the help file

it downloads current chart info and puts it in a Excel sheet for you

Not sure if it works on other users systems unless you have excel installed
Fayetteville, NC, USA

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2005, 11:48:38 am »

I didn't see a help file - are you talking about the about button?  I believe so - anyway - I don't know how this program is useful since none of the data is put into the media library - maybe there is a way - but I am not sure how to do it - would I have to go through each list manually and match it up to the files in my library?  With over 35,000 songs this would take way to long to do.

Is the Chart Finder plug-in going to still be available?

Thanks for your hardwork - I just thought this would do the same thing as the Finder......

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2005, 12:18:14 pm »

I don't know how this program is useful since none of the data is put into the media library

Some People Like Lists, Thats All It Does

Is the Chart Finder plug-in going to still be available?

Maybe

So Lets Say You Have An Excel List Of Charts (Maybe Made By Chart Grabber)You Could Use What Ever List To Add Or Remove To Match That Data Up To Your Files In Maybe A New Chart Finder.

This Way You Can Add New Data Base (Maybe In Excel, Html, XML Format)  "As Time Goes By" And Or Not Use Older Databases Of Files You Do Not Even Own (Maybe Making It faster).

Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2005, 01:54:18 pm »

I didn't see a help file - are you talking about the about button?

Look On The First Tab, "Start Page"

You Should See A Browser Window, And An Option to Click On Help

Each Tab Has It's Own Help File.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

broncodan

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2005, 04:00:46 pm »

So Lets Say You Have An Excel List Of Charts (Maybe Made By Chart Grabber)You Could Use What Ever List To Add Or Remove To Match That Data Up To Your Files In Maybe A New Chart Finder.

This Way You Can Add New Data Base (Maybe In Excel, Html, XML Format)  "As Time Goes By" And Or Not Use Older Databases Of Files You Do Not Even Own (Maybe Making It faster).

I don't know what you mean by the above two statments but then again I am not a programmer (and I didn't see any database files in the ChartFinder folder). 

Anyway,  I appreciate your work and hope that the Chart Finder gets an update - as I find that this is one of the best plug-in's (besides your lyrics finder) for MC. 

And if you do update it - I hope that you are able to include more current charts (from 2000 up) as I know you think most of this music sucks but would be great to update through the current year. 

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2005, 05:57:54 pm »

I am working On it, In My Spare Time

Maybe In A Week With Luck
Fayetteville, NC, USA

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2005, 01:30:57 pm »

Let me know if you need anyone to test your chart finder ... I've got a HUGE library of songs ... lots of them broke, lots of diversity ... Just ready and waiting to test out your new plugin ...

Let me know ...

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2005, 01:43:18 pm »

I may have something ready to test soon

if you notice under my FTP site, Music Charts, Top Singles Is a bunch of MXL files thats what i am currently working on to use with the program.

i have been trying to get some of them straight (to a point where they work)
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: February 05, 2005, 05:34:45 am »

drosoph

Does Chart Grabber Work For You?
Fayetteville, NC, USA

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #13 on: February 05, 2005, 09:58:22 am »

King,

Yes, Chart Grabber is grabbing chart data properly ... Why ?

I DO get the popup for "There are no songs in the list to export" a couple of times .. but the files are downloading and saving fine ...

Drosoph

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2005, 11:32:33 am »

just wondering...

I am just playing with the Excel control

I think users need to have excel installed for it to work.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

drosoph

• MC Beta Team
  • TiVo-aholic
« Reply #15 on: February 05, 2005, 12:20:31 pm »

I didnt try the excel export .. and I dont have excel installed on this PC (today) ...

So, when/where is that Chart FINDER plugin .. It's my most powerful and oft-used plugin!!!

Do you need more beer ? What's it going to take?

Andrew

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: February 05, 2005, 02:06:38 pm »

hehehe, no I don't drink anymore

I am just playing around with it

today i am still trying to clean up the databases

right now it just uses databases (in XML)

I was thinking about allowing it to get the data from the server also, but i hate to update the server data. so i am playing with some code to do that for me.
Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #17 on: February 06, 2005, 10:01:41 am »

I have found out there is aprox 16,555 artists that hit the charts

I was thinking that if each artist had a file with a list of songs that charted, the program could download that artist file ArtistName.Dat once etc...

once it is on your system it would use it to get the data from for all other songs, and would only download the info for the artists you have.

The way it worked before it would access the datafile on the server each and every time.

Fayetteville, NC, USA

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: February 06, 2005, 12:38:25 pm »

So zztop.dat would be

<ChartPosition>8</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1984</ChartYear><ChartSong>Gimme All Your Lovin'</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Top 40 Charting</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>35</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1985</ChartYear><ChartSong>Legs</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Top 40 Charting</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>9</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1985</ChartYear><ChartSong>Sharp Dressed Man</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Top 40 Charting</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>29</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1992</ChartYear><ChartSong>Viva Las Vegas</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Top 40 Charting</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>69</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1972</ChartYear><ChartSong>Francene</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Top Billboard</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>41</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1974</ChartYear><ChartSong>La Grange</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Top Billboard</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>20</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1975</ChartYear><ChartSong>Tush</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Top Billboard</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>44</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1976</ChartYear><ChartSong>It's Only Love</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Top Billboard</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>91</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1977</ChartYear><ChartSong>Arrested For Driving While Blind</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Top Billboard</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>89</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1980</ChartYear><ChartSong>Cheap Sunglasses</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Top Billboard</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>34</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1980</ChartYear><ChartSong>I Thank You</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Top Billboard</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>77</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1981</ChartYear><ChartSong>Leila</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Top Billboard</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>37</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1983</ChartYear><ChartSong>Gimme All Your Lovin'</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Top Billboard</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>56</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1983</ChartYear><ChartSong>Sharp Dressed Man</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Top Billboard</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>8</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1984</ChartYear><ChartSong>Legs</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Top Billboard</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>8</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1985</ChartYear><ChartSong>Sleeping Bag</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Top Billboard</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>22</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1986</ChartYear><ChartSong>Rough Boy</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Top Billboard</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>21</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1986</ChartYear><ChartSong>Stages</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Top Billboard</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>35</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1986</ChartYear><ChartSong>Velcro Fly</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Top Billboard</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>50</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1990</ChartYear><ChartSong>Doubleback</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Top Billboard</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>79</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1991</ChartYear><ChartSong>Give It Up</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Top Billboard</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>10</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1984</ChartYear><ChartSong>Gimme All Your Lovin' (Re-Entry)</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Uk Top 40 1984</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>22</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1984</ChartYear><ChartSong>Sharp Dressed Man (Re-Entry)</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Uk Top 40 1984</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>16</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1985</ChartYear><ChartSong>Legs</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Uk Top 40 1985</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>27</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1985</ChartYear><ChartSong>Sleeping Bag</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Uk Top 40 1985</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>23</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1986</ChartYear><ChartSong>Rough Boy</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Uk Top 40 1986</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>29</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1990</ChartYear><ChartSong>Doubleback</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Uk Top 40 1990</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>37</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1991</ChartYear><ChartSong>My Head's In Mississippi</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Uk Top 40 1991</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>10</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1992</ChartYear><ChartSong>Viva Las Vegas</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Uk Top 40 1992</ChartName>
<ChartPosition>15</ChartPosition><ChartYear>1994</ChartYear><ChartSong>Pincushion</ChartSong><ChartArtist>Zz Top</ChartArtist><ChartName>Uk Top 40 1994</ChartName>
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up