INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: smartlists: complete vs. full albums?  (Read 722 times)

Ric

• Recent member
  • I'm a llama!
smartlists: complete vs. full albums?
« on: February 07, 2005, 04:29:51 pm »

I'm trying to make a smart playlist for syncing with my 30 GB iPod. I'm a little confused about what the difference is between "full album" and "complete album" and defining smart playlists in general... Can someone set me straight?

Here's what I want the playlist to do, in order of priority:

- limit the total size to 27 GB
- Include all the songs in another playlist called "musthave"
- Include any songs with a "last modified" or "created" date within the last 3 months (eventually, this could turn into imported date, but since I've just created the library, all songs have been imported at the same time...)
- Fill up the remaining space with complete albums selected at random. By this I mean, the albums are selected at random, but for each album in the playlist, all available tracks from that album should be included. I read somewhere in the help a reference to sequential order of tracks defining either complete or full album. There are cases where not all tracks of an album are in the library, but I still want the ones that are there to all be included if the album is selected for the playlist. In other words, the album doesn't have to be "complete" in the sense that all the album tracks are available, to be selected. But if an "incomplete" album is selected, whatever available tracks exist should all be included together in the playlist.

I want the random selection of albums to change each time I dock the iPod, so the music on the iPod is always different from docking to docking.

Is this straightforward to accomplish?

Thanks!
Pages: [1]   Go Up