INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC and Excel  (Read 741 times)

linden_arden

• Recent member
MC and Excel
« on: February 09, 2005, 10:04:17 pm »

I asked this question in the plug-in forum, but I think it belongs here.

A tremendous portion of my music collection is comprised for live concert recordings.  Tagging these shows can be a tremendous pain.  The mp3s either come from a CDR I have ripped or flacs or shns with non-descript names.  A typical show could have 20-30 songs in it and so that is a lot of typing just to tag a show.

However, the song titles are always availible somewhere - in a text file or in an online database.  Is there anyway I can tag these concerts easier?   I can't imagine an 'atagger' type plugin that will search the various online sources I use for this information.  But, without too much effort I could get this information into a spreadsheet.  Is there any way to generate a tag from a spreadsheet?

I can't do any programing and I have searched the forums, but haven't found anything too encouraging.

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: MC and Excel
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2005, 03:57:22 am »

A tremendous portion of my music collection is comprised for live concert recordings.  Tagging these shows can be a tremendous pain.  The mp3s either come from a CDR I have ripped or flacs or shns with non-descript names.  A typical show could have 20-30 songs in it and so that is a lot of typing just to tag a show.

However, the song titles are always availible somewhere - in a text file or in an online database.  Is there anyway I can tag these concerts easier?   I can't imagine an 'atagger' type plugin that will search the various online sources I use for this information.  But, without too much effort I could get this information into a spreadsheet.  Is there any way to generate a tag from a spreadsheet?

Depends how detailed you want to get.

For live shows i usuualy have a folder.txt file that contains track information about the show. To take it a step further, and with diligence on your part, spot when the track time changes and do ratings for them as well.

So the folder.txt file is in the following format

Rating Time Title
(3)   00:00   song a
(3)   05:06   song b ....etc

I need to find a tool that allows me to paste the time+track info in the above format and generate a cue sheet form it.

I tagged my shows properly (Artist, Name & Album Tags), this part you got to do manually, no two ways about it.

I'm not aware of any automatic ways to do the above, if there was don't discount time taken to verify the entries are correct ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up