INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iAudio M3  (Read 1117 times)

Madcow

• World Citizen
  • moo!
iAudio M3
« on: February 11, 2005, 04:55:32 am »

I'm looking for a replacement for my sadly defunct 3G iPod and I'm looking very closely at the iAudio M3.  It looks like a great piece of kit.

This device appears as a standard mass storage device under Windows so I assume this means it will work fine with MC11.  Can anyone confirm this?

What concerns me slightly though is this.  The device's one drawback seems to be that you can't search by Artist/Album name like you can on the iPod and other devices.  Instead you have to browse by folder structure.

How does MC deal with synchronising to devices like this?  When you sync, does it put all the files in a single directory or is there a way to get it to create a basic artist/album folder structure?  If the latter is the case, or there is some other workaround, I think I will be buying one of these forthwith.

If anyone's got any experiences as to how this device works with MC, I'd love to hear it.  Thanks in advance!

IanG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: iAudio M3
« Reply #1 on: February 11, 2005, 05:22:16 am »

I'm looking for a replacement for my sadly defunct 3G iPod and I'm looking very closely at the iAudio M3

How does MC deal with synchronising to devices like this?  When you sync, does it put all the files in a single directory or is there a way to get it to create a basic artist/album folder structure?  If the latter is the case, or there is some other workaround, I think I will be buying one of these forthwith.

I've no experience with this particular device, but MC has a number of options for specifying the folder structure - my wife's flash drive has  artist/track, #2 son's generic 20gig player has artist/album/track and #1 son's iPod just seems to sort itself out!  You can get to the options by right clicking on the device.

Ian G.
Pages: [1]   Go Up