INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Newby Questions Feedback while it is still fresh.  (Read 1068 times)

Woodsy

Newby Questions Feedback while it is still fresh.
« on: February 12, 2005, 07:09:27 pm »

This program is great. Every time I want to do something it takes a moment with the help file and it does it. Except all day today with additional card/zone. This is working great, just a tweek or 2 and its ready for prime time (well... ready for spring and the speakers on the deck!)

I have setup a system(C433/256/W2K/dual soundcard/LCD/TouchScreen) as a HTPC sort of thing next to the TV with a Packard Bell Winlirc/IRAssistant remote control and it works great, much of the following I think is just lack of seat time on my part. If it is not,please take it as a request for features,rather than a complaint, as this is one literal "jamm" up-program! (and may or may not be specific to the remote/touch aspects)

I dont find a way of id'ing the Zone I am in at all. The taskbar reflects it,but I hope to do away with the task bar. Am I missing a setting or indicater of the current zone, and how,other than the ctrl-t method do I have of choosing from one or more zones. 100ft from the MediaCenter PC,remote in hand, it would be nice to hit a button (equates to keyboard command shorcut) and know that the outside volume was about to go up, not the living room speakers. ON a related note, the indicater on the program could/shoud toggle zones and be large enough to hit with a finger!

Tell me this is a peek-n-poke quick cure and I just dont find it!

Woodsy

Now playing... David Wilcox Riverboat Fantasy

Woodsy

Re: Newby Questions Feedback while it is still fresh.
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 04:45:55 pm »

I got it, may not be the most efficient way of doing it,

Switching zones from my winlirc remote required the calling of

c:\winnt\system32\mjextman.exe /Command SetZone X
             where X is zone number displayed-1

from the IRAssistant program.

Is this possible without the whole calling another program/RamDrive thing (for speed)?
Directly calling MediaCenter seems better. I did not get it to work.
Seems just like the play or next track command, mute vol, directly affecting the
programs output. I may have just not gotten the correct syntax. Any help?

I did find the answer here in the forums.

Does anyone have a new URL for Mastiff's site?
Or an archive of same?

Thanks again...

Woodsy

Now playing... ICP Behind the Paint

Woodsy

Re: Newby Questions Feedback while it is still fresh.
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2005, 05:11:04 pm »

http://mastiff.now.nu/

Found it!

To much information to sift thru.

Posting here seems to find it for me!

Woodsy

Now playing ICP Pendulums Promise

Pages: [1]   Go Up