INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Strange UI delay problem since last couple of builds of MC11  (Read 783 times)

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...
Strange UI delay problem since last couple of builds of MC11
« on: February 13, 2005, 03:27:53 pm »

Hi all, I'm thinking this is probably just a local PC issue, but I've noticed something strange ever since the install of build 190 or thereabouts (currently running build 193)...

Now and again, MC seems to freeze just before the transition to the next track. It will be silent for about 30 seconds or so, then proceed play the last couple of seconds of the song, and move to the next one.

Also, when changing volume with the mouse, I point and click but it doesn't 'grab' right away. After 2 seconds it will grab and I will move to the right (or left) but it doesn't move right away. After 2 seconds it then moves...you see what I mean.

Has anyone else noticed this kind of behaviour, or otherwise be able to suggest anything to check in my config?

Thanks in advance for any feedback,
Kwake

Media Center Registered 11.0.193 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP 5.1 Service Pack 1 (Build 2600)
Intel Pentium 4 3122 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1047 MB, Free - 429 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp1.020828-1920) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1584 (xpsp2.040720-1705) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2800.1580 (xpsp2.040720-1705) / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Ripping /   Drive G: SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-352B  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Drive H:   Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: Yes /  Get cover art: Yes /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: No /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive G: SAMSUNG  CDRW/DVD SM-352B   Addr: 3:1:0  Speed:52  MaxSpeed:0  BurnProof:Yes
  Drive H: MATSHITA DVD-RAM SW-9571    Addr: 3:0:0  Speed:12  MaxSpeed:12  BurnProof:Yes
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: No /  Direct decoding: Yes /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

kwake

• World Citizen
  • Excellent piece of software, this Media Center...
Re: Strange UI delay problem since last couple of builds of MC11
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2005, 03:24:31 am »

I think I just found the cause...Cover Art Updater plugin.

Uninstalling it (as well as the Cover Art Finder plugin just before) seems to have resolved my issue.

Note to KingSparta - were you aware of any issues on performance with your plugins? I'm not complaining, just wanted to make sure you're aware of any issues (I believe your latest MC 11 plugins are beta).

Cheers,
Kwake

Tab

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Strange UI delay problem since last couple of builds of MC11
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2005, 09:38:21 am »

I've had similar problems, though not as bad, more like 6s delays when gonig from one vis to another. And I do that a lot.

How do you uninstall cover art updater? I didnt see it in the plugin manager, and I never use cover art.

Tab
Pages: [1]   Go Up