INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problem with convert format to mp3 in 11.0.184  (Read 1366 times)

Richee

• World Citizen
Problem with convert format to mp3 in 11.0.184
« on: February 02, 2005, 10:08:07 pm »

I go in to convert format and select encoding. If I select Mp3 encoder and try to change from lets say VBR to CBR or any combination it will not change. It just gets stuck at whatever was first selected. Actually I have to go all the way back to version 146 for it to work correctly.

I just reformatted my drive and reinstalled 184 with same problem so it definitely seems Media Center is the culprit.

Also could someone please change the Theater View  xml scripts for Glass and Acajou so they work with every new version. Getting tired of having to go in manually every time I install a new version. Thanks.

Richee

• World Citizen
Re: Problem with convert format to mp3 in 11.0.184
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2005, 09:29:24 pm »

Come on guys! You mean no one has a problem with trying to change the mp3 convert format? This is why I'd prefer a real support area. I posted 2 Feb and not one response. I then emailed King Sparta and nothing. Even a response saying it works fine for you is preferrable.

I can only change the convert format for mp3 in version 11.0.146. Any newer version will not allow me to change the mp3 encoder. All other formats will change. This is before and after a reformat of my harddrive.

I would really like some ideas that might cause this sort of problem.

System:
Windows XP Home with SP2 and all current updated.

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #2 on: February 18, 2005, 10:01:42 pm »

While KingSparta is a moderator on this forum, he is not part of the administration at J River. They are: Jim Hillegass (JimH), Matt Ashland (Matt) & John Gately (JohnGately).

This is the best place to get support, however, from time to time a post may get overlooked, just keep bumping it back up until you get the right response. If you post gets down towards the bottom of the page, bump it, don't wait 2 weeks (that's 2 or 3 pages ago).
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2005, 11:21:54 pm »

I go in to convert format and select encoding. If I select Mp3 encoder and try to change from lets say VBR to CBR or any combination it will not change.

From where in MC? Tools->Options->Encoding or from Library Tools->Convert Format->Options? Or somewhere else entirely?

Also could someone please change the Theater View  xml scripts for Glass and Acajou so they work with every new version. Getting tired of having to go in manually every time I install a new version. Thanks.

You are saving the files you change and then just copy them back after a version change I hope. But yeah, they should be fixed in the install package.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2005, 06:08:45 am »

I think there is a display problem with the file converter. The "New Format" display does not reflect the selected option correctly. The resulting file format seems to be OK. In this case I selected MP3 VBR Normal (--preset medium):

Besides this, there are reported bugs with the Library Server/Client conversions and MP3 CD disc burning. I don't think those problems are fixed yet. I hope they are on the "to be fixed soon" list.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2005, 08:19:08 am »

We're in the process of revising the encoder system for MC 11.

Hopefully it'll be out next week.  Let's revisit these issues then.

Thanks everyone.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2005, 09:28:31 am »

Good news! Actually, I guessed that something is happening behind the curtain since there were no quick fixes for the two other problems.

On another thread I mentioned that there is something that could be fixed with the MPC file format support. It's the old issue about MC claiming that it can safely run only one instance of the MPC decoder. The issue comes up in certain situations:

- When playing an MPC file and trying to analyze other MPC files at the same time.
- When MPC files are tried to play simultaneously on more than one zone.
- When using library server & converter and the currently playing MPC track is changed.

However, I suppose it's not anymore true or necessary if the new decoder libraries are used. For example Foobar 2000 can play and analyze MPC files at the same time and I haven't experienced anything unsafe when doing it.

Could you please have a look at this too? Thanks.

P.S.

Could you include the current versions of MPC and Ogg Vorbis encoders? MPPenc v.1.15t and Vorbis 1.1.0. IMHO they are better. Thanks again.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Richee

• World Citizen
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2005, 10:00:40 am »

Thanks everyone for the useful information. I'm still new at posting and who is who.

Alex B had the exact problem. The picture with explanation was perfect. I did not realize it was just a display problem and would convert to the changed mp3 format anyway. I converted a few files and it did indeed convert to the mp3 format I changed it to and not what it showed in the display.

Matt, great to hear the encoder system is being revised. All in all I have found Media Center to be a very stable and powerful program. Keep up the great work.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2005, 10:27:42 am »

I forgot the probably most common case:

- When playing an MPC file and trying to convert other MPC files at the same time.

The helpful error message is a bit different this time:

Pages: [1]   Go Up