INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: TV Recording/functionality in Theatre view  (Read 687 times)

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
TV Recording/functionality in Theatre view
« on: February 22, 2005, 07:54:46 am »

I'm thinking of getting a TV card for my MC11 installation, but wanted to know how much functionality is available in Theatre View, as this is what I want to give the family access to in the living room.

I assume you can change channels etc, but can you pause a TV show or setup recording of a show?

Also if I have 2 TV cards can I watch one channel and record another using MC11 (and can it be done in theatre view?)

Thanks
Richard

Yaobing

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Dogs of the world unite!
Re: TV Recording/functionality in Theatre view
« Reply #1 on: February 22, 2005, 08:54:40 pm »

I'm thinking of getting a TV card for my MC11 installation, but wanted to know how much functionality is available in Theatre View, as this is what I want to give the family access to in the living room.
Functions available in standard view are also available in Theatre View, including pausing live TV, changing channels, and instant recording.

can you pause a TV show or setup recording of a show?

You can start recording instantly as you are watching. You can also schedule to record a show using Media Scheduler. But Media Scheduler requires some fixing at this time.

Also if I have 2 TV cards can I watch one channel and record another using MC11 (and can it be done in theatre view?)

Media Center does not support multiple tuner cards at this time. You have to choose one device to use. For now if you want to record one program while watching another, you will have to do one using MC while doing the other using another program.
Yaobing Deng, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up