INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion - linked tracks  (Read 1061 times)

Erick

• I'm a llama!
Suggestion - linked tracks
« on: February 25, 2005, 02:58:41 am »

There are several instances in my music collection where a song, espacially a longer (+20 min) work is devided into multiple tracks. A handy feature would be the ability to link these tracks together, so that when a playlist is randomized, these linked tracks remain in order, keeping songs together. This would also have the added benefit of the ability to play a random selection of albums. The tracks from the album itself would remain in the intended order of the producer, while the actual albums would play in random order.

I never could find a way to accomplish this in MC9, and just today I installed MC10, have not dug in depth to see if this now exists.

hit_ny

• Citizen of the Universe
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Suggestion - linked tracks
« Reply #1 on: February 25, 2005, 06:18:03 am »

Its not there in 10 or even 11. Its been suggested before, but no satisfactory solution was found.

i suppose if it was possible to create a linked field that contained the name of the next track. MC could find it.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Suggestion - linked tracks
« Reply #2 on: February 25, 2005, 06:29:12 am »

Sounds like a useful idea. Though, it could be difficult to program that kind of function.

The user interface could have a "button" field for that, like rating field. You could select the files that are meant to be played together, click the button and MC would memorize that including the sort order you had when you clicked the button.

Another possibility could be a new playlist group type: "play these tracks together playlists". Random play and perhaps some other MC functions would include the playlists there and exclude the separate tracks if they exist in those playlists.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up