INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Core has encountered a problem  (Read 1540 times)

ludwigl

• Recent member
  • Lost... But having a great time!
Media Core has encountered a problem
« on: March 01, 2005, 03:22:05 pm »

MC 11.0.201 just got my new iPod photo and while it will show in the Drives and Devices section any time I click it to start the "Initialize iPod" I get a "Media Core has encountered a problem..." message

AppName: media center.exe    AppVer: 11.0.201.0    ModName: hh_portable.dll
ModVer: 1.0.0.0    Offset: 000824b0

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Media Core has encountered a problem
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 12:42:51 pm »

Through Windows Explorer, find your iPod and then search for a file called iTunesDB. Delete this file and then you should be able to go forward running MC.

Steve

ludwigl

• Recent member
  • Lost... But having a great time!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 01:24:39 pm »

Got it past the error after using iPod Updater and doing 3 or 4 Restore operations. I got MC11.0.201 to see it and loaded 53GB of music on it (6 vaery large playlists) when I tried to play them the iPod would display the track info and shoot through the song in a few seconds (with no sound) and move on to the next and so on and so on.  This happened on all 6 playlists.  I have copied the Music Lib to a second system and used iTunes to load them and all was well. So I went back to the MC system and same issue. For now it looks like I'm stuck with iTunes for my iPod and MC for use in my house. I would love to get rid of iTunes (as I had done for my old iPod). If MC could load and display Album Art on the iPod photo that would be great. I'll let a few releases go by and see if support for this product has been added/enhanced. I know you guys have not had time to play with one much but I look forward to it in the future,

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: March 12, 2005, 09:09:16 am »

ludwigl,

If you initialize your iPod from within MC and then stay away from iTunes, you should be able to sync playlists for iPod. Hard to say for sure why you were having the issue of skipping files before based on the information you provided, but my best guess is that it involved going back and forth between iTunes and MC.

In regards to iPod photo + MC and album art, this has not been resolved yet.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up