INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Problems with Plextor DVD drive functionality in MC11.  (Read 990 times)

lalittle

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Problems with Plextor DVD drive functionality in MC11.
« on: September 12, 2005, 08:07:56 pm »

I put a Plextor DVD (716A) drive in a system and tried playing DVDs via MC11.  The discs (mainstream region 1 factory discs) play very fast in MC -- it's as if it's scanning forward at double speed even though it's only "playing."  I also noticed that the "next" button does not work -- only the "previous" button works to change chapters.  To go forward a chapter, I have to select it manually from the dropdown menu.  The same discs play fine if I use another app to play them on this system -- it's just MC that has these issues.

I have a Pioneer drive in another system that does not have these issues with same discs.  I have no idea why one system has issues that the other doesn't, so I'm curious how much the actual drive effects these issues.  Is it possible that MC11 doesn't "like" the Plextor drive, and that a Pioneer drive might not have these issues in the same system?  How much does the drive itself effect this sort of thing?

Thanks for any feedback on this,

Larry

BardMaster

• Recent member
Re: Problems with Plextor DVD drive functionality in MC11.
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2005, 02:15:13 am »

I've experienced a different, far worse problem with my new Plextor PX712a DVD+/-RW: It won't burn audio CD's!!!

My Sony DRU510A worked fine with MC11.  But the Plextor, which works fine with everything else, including MP3/data burns, takes about an hour to run and the CD isn't playable (it LOOKS like there are 20 tracks but each one is just silence).

VERY disappointing!  Up to MediaCenter110316.exe but still the same thing - I have generated a half-dozen coasters!  Test mode is similarly slow, but it tells me it completes successfully.

Does somebody have a fix for this, I rely heavily on MC for my mp3 needs!
Pages: [1]   Go Up