INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: NO sound from media center? but sound everywhere else Works!!?  (Read 1214 times)

HTPC4ME

• Citizen of the Universe
  • LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!

Computer got virus's, had to fdisk it, reloaded media center on this machine, none of my songs cd's dvd's have audio? they are all in ape format!!? And media center use to work like a charm.NO ISSUES before f disk! i notice when i go into dsp options the peak bar isn't even moving?

but when in main media center i see the progress bar of the song moving.. I've tried my songs in windows media player, and all other sounds on computer work, The basics i've covered.. not on mute, speaks plugged in,In media center i've switched from internal  volume to system volume and still no luck? etc.. i do notice though once in a while like every minute, i hear a second of audio  trying to come out, but it's all distorted and snowy only lasts for a second?

any ideas? be greatly appreciated i love media center and use it daily, and for some reason i just can't get an audio to come out of media center?

also i have a digital out on computer and that works great w\ windows media player, all other audio from computer..  i think this a media center internal problem i'm having..

thanks and hope to hear back soon from you guys

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: NO sound from media center? but sound everywhere else Works!!?
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2005, 05:18:16 pm »

Play around in Options > Playback -- WaveOut vs DirectSound for example.

Remember that you need to stop playback for changes there to take effect.

Also, check for a soundcard driver update.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

HTPC4ME

• LIFE IS A RADIO... CRANK IT UP TO 11!
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2005, 05:21:51 pm »

thanks matt for the reply, i've done that also though? not sure what 's going on but frustrating me

kaiynne

• World Citizen
  • I Changed this by choosing profile
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2005, 10:58:46 pm »

after you reinstalled the os did you just reimport all of your audio or did you use a library backup?  If you have a backup of the library maybe try to uninstall reinstall?  I would also uninstall the sound card and reboot and let the os rediscover it.
Pages: [1]   Go Up