INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: few more questions  (Read 1031 times)

tcman41

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Sound Surfing!
few more questions
« on: March 05, 2005, 02:25:17 pm »

I installed build 11.0.205 last night and imported all my tracks, got all the cover art and installed the lyrics plugin, life is good.

This morning while i was getting a couple more album covers and changing some tags, it appeared that the program hanged a little like there was a piece of corrupt data saved somewhere. Now mc11 hangs and gets real slow when i try to do anything in it, it is so bad that it is almost unusable.

Can someone suggest to me as to what is exactlly going on, is it a problem with my sound card or something?, it appears to be happening mostly when i change from one playing track in one album to another track in a different album.

I have imported about 5,000 tracks in 400 different albums.

I am quite knowledgable about computers, keep a very clean machine, 3.0gz, ati 9800 pro graphics card, etc and have never had any problems with my sound card. If i cant get it straighten out i will have no option except to reinstall or delete all my data and start over.

If i uninstall my beta 11.0.205 software will i be able to reinstall it?, i have 29 days left on my trial.

Thanks
Terry

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: few more questions
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2005, 02:44:08 pm »

when ever your dealing with Transfers, sometimes things may hang, and that is going to depend on many things. like is the site up where that data comes from, the internet, and other things.

i know my site has been rather slow today, mostly do to my provider had problems, seems to be working well now however.

If things are hanging using any of my plug-ins it can also be my ftp control i am using. it is not the best in the world.

if things are hanging in MC using Media Centers Cover art Finder, it is prob paragraph 1 above.

I am looking into another FTP control for my plug-ins at a future date when i can aford it.
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2005, 09:25:54 pm »

Come to think of it, all my problems did kind of start after i went out and installed a bunch of plugins, i am going to uninstall them one at a time and see if there is any difference.

I installed a bunch of track info plugins, they are ok, i am not crazy about them.

I installed the updated cover art finder plugin, its ok, but the one in the program works fine for me.

I installed the lyrics finder plugin, i would really like to keep that but i think that is the one that could be giving me the most problem.

I will post my findings.

Terry

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2005, 09:57:40 pm »

First i uninstalled the updated cover art finder plugin and that helped but then when i went out to get some lyrics it started hanging again, uninstalled that and now everything appears to be fine.

Real shame, i really liked the lyrics finder but i guess it just doesn't agree with my system. Its not like i really needed the lyrics or would really use them for anything but they would have been nice to have if i wanted them.

Terry

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #4 on: March 06, 2005, 03:45:28 am »

They may hang a bit but you can use them at night, i have never seen it hang for more than a few mins.

even J rivers cover art finder will hang at some points when it is working.

However MC should not be effected when not running the plug-ins
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up