INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Party Mode Metadata Pane viewing problem  (Read 863 times)

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Party Mode Metadata Pane viewing problem
« on: March 06, 2005, 08:09:31 pm »

I am trying to use party mode with saving tag info turned off in the options because Media Center is very easy to change metadata in files without knowing it.  This workaround seems to work.  i.e. I turn on party mode, change some things like year, genre, cover art, and then turn off party mode, with the metadata returning to what it was before. 

The problem is that when I do this, the pane viewing does not show the metadata as it was before infact it doesn't show it at all.  i.e. if I changed the year(I have one file for this year only) and go out of party and revert back that year will not show up in the year pane column.

Specifically I have the first pane set as a playlist group however under that playlist group I also have a smart list the has all audio files in the library.  So will the 'all' option setting selected at the top of the pane, the metadata data that was changed and then changed back does not show up in any of the other panes.   I can find the songs buy using a search and when I do, the year then shows up in the pane.  Or if I seelct say the genre in the next pane from my playlists pane, that has the songs that were changed, the metadata THEN shows up in the following panes. 

Also if I switch from the audio browser to the all media browser (same exact panes) the metadata then shows in that browser but still not in the audio browser.  The only way to then make the metadata show up as it was originally was is to re tag the data that is allready there buy erasing it and then reapplying it, which defeats the purpose of what I am trying to accomplish.

The other option would be to back up the library alot and then when I do actually want to make a change, go to the previous back up and then resave.  The problem with that is the last played and number of times layed fields would revert back to the their originial values where a with party mode they obvioulsy would not.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball

datdude

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Party Mode Metadata Pane viewing problem
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2005, 12:36:25 am »

Even more strangeness:

Pane total calculation for a given column is not correct.  I had changed 2 files that were part of a single genre in Party Mode and then switched back.  It says there are 9 genre's when it is only showing 8 and of course thats because its not showing the missing metadata from those 2 files.
"You are not a beautiful or unique snowflake." -  Just a very big snowball
Pages: [1]   Go Up