INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod 1.1 and MC11.1  (Read 1154 times)

JSmithson

• Junior Woodchuck
iPod 1.1 and MC11.1
« on: October 18, 2005, 07:45:06 pm »

I never updated my pod to the new 1.2 software, so I didn't have the last played and ratings problems. I just managed to sync with the new MC11.1.37 and the last played times were not updated.

So my somewhat stupid question is 'Will MC 11.1 only work with iPods updated to 1.2 ?'

Jim

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: iPod 1.1 and MC11.1
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2005, 10:24:32 am »

Jim,

I just tested 11.1.37 and successfully transferred ratings and last played times back to MC with 1.0 on my iPod. Make sure that you do not edit the files or tags for the files in MC that you have changed on iPod when you are disconnected. If you do, MC detects that the file(s) were last modified in MC and in that event it defaults to the changes that are in MC rather than what is coming back from iPod.

For my test, I made sure the setting for 'Sync Data to PC' was checked. I synched a playlist. Disconnected. Changed ratings and played 5 songs. Reconnected. Selected 'Check synchronization' in the Action Window  and then all was updated in MC.

Steve

JSmithson

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2005, 09:48:25 pm »

Steve...

I did get it to sync back. (I have been running the analysis on all my files the last few days in prep for the soundcheck working on the iPod, but I think I also didn't have the sync back button checked)

I did the sync several times and worked fine, but one time it seemed to hang doing the sync back (The hard drive kept running so I don't know what it was trying to update.) I had to power off the box.

Anyway the sync back is working, and the sound check seems to be working too.

The disc# is not xfering to the iPod yet and I'm sure you know what is going on with the photo and album art......

Thanks

Jim

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: October 20, 2005, 09:35:03 am »

Jim,

Thanks for the update.

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up