INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: New iPod Not Recognized as iPod  (Read 1233 times)

LloydStC

• Change this by choosing profile
New iPod Not Recognized as iPod
« on: March 06, 2005, 12:37:31 pm »

MC 11.0.205

I have two computers.  The main one has MC and Music Library.  My new iPod 40GB is recognized by MC as a hard drive only.  In an attempt to fix the problem, I updated from MC 198 to MC 205 this morning but the behavior didn't change.

iTunes won't load on it yet and I am tracking that with iPod Support.  I get two error messages with the iTunes installation which I list only because they might point to my MC problem: 1) Error connecting to Service Manager.  Error = 0; and 2) Failed to install GEARAspiWDM Service.  I only tried to load iTunes when I couldn't make MC recognize the iPod.

I have been messing with this for several days.  On Friday (3/4), this PC with the earlier (198) MC did recognize this iPod correctly and I was able to transfer and play some music but that stopped yesterday during an attempted sync.

On my second PC, iTunes is used by my daughter's Mini and recognizes my iPod.  I just restored it using the latest iPod updater.  It accepts music from this computer and plays it just fine, but it did not fix the problem with MC.

I would appreciate any suggestions for fixing this problem.

Lloyd

LloydStC

• Change this by choosing profile
Re: New iPod Not Recognized as iPod
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2005, 09:15:04 pm »

Tonight the problem was resolved.  See my post in a thread titled "iPod Being Picked Up as a Hard Drive"

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: New iPod Not Recognized as iPod
« Reply #2 on: March 12, 2005, 12:05:49 pm »

Thanks Lloyd
Pages: [1]   Go Up