INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Skin highlighting backwards bug (MC10 & MC11)  (Read 932 times)

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
Skin highlighting backwards bug (MC10 & MC11)
« on: March 10, 2005, 08:55:53 pm »

Like MC 10, MC 11 has this same UI drawing bug:

The highlight bar in the Org Tree (left) is backwards in color depending on the Focus.  When Focused, it's dim...when not focused it's bright.  If you follow all the other windows, you'll see what I mean (when focused and not focused).  This is very confusing when trying to figure out which window actually has the focus.

If you use a skin like Opus MC (Blue) [a skin that does NOT use a graphic for the hightlight bar in the Org Tree], you'll see what I mean.  The highlight in the Org Tree is dim (pink) when focused and red when not focused (reversed).  I tried for hours to fix it in the skin source, but turns out MC is highlighting backwards (try it please).

To further my point, using Opus MC (Blue), bring up MC Options and notice what color is shown when you hightlight any option/setting: RED.  That is correct...focused highlight is RED.  But, again, for the Org Tree, MC is highlighting backwards and showing RED whenever the Org Tree is not focused.

Using any skin that does NOT use an image for the Org Tree highlight bar [do not use Thunderstorm, for exampe], you cannot look at the MC screen and tell if the Org Tree or the Context (right) has the focus (because MC is basically showing the 'same' color for each side).  Meaning, Org Tree focused then Org Tree bar is dim and Context bar is dim color...Context focused then Org Tree ba is bright and Context bar is bright.  They should be bright/dim and dim/bright, respectively.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Skin highlighting backwards bug (MC10 & MC11)
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 09:09:51 am »

Thanks for the nice report.

It'll be fixed next build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center
Pages: [1]   Go Up