INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Display of radio info  (Read 785 times)

Rob L

• Galactic Citizen
Display of radio info
« on: March 17, 2004, 05:32:22 pm »

One thing I've never been too keen on is the way internet radio (i.e. streams) is handled in Media Centre, particularly the way the information is displayed.

It allows you tag the streams just as with any normal audio file, but there isn't an obvious place to put the station name.

In practice, the only field that gets used is the track name, so I've used the album name for the radio station name, but that's a bit clunky.

All the radio stations I listen to come up as "artist - track" when they're playing. But I guess what I don't know is whether they're being sent as discrete bits and Media Center is just stringing them together in the name field, or if they're actually just following an  unwritten convention and sending the one tag formatted that way.

If they are being sent (and received) as separate bits of information, it would be good if MC could put them in the appropriate fields :-)

Of course the big problem is that they change every time the track changes, so they're only accurate while you're actually playing the track, but even so...

Rob

ddaro

• Recent member
Re: Display of radio info
« Reply #1 on: March 11, 2005, 01:24:57 pm »

i agree, the web media for managing streams has given me too much grief. i love mc and don't want to be critical but it does seem to me to be the weak spot.

i have also taken to the playlists approach. i put the name of the station in the comment field. then i create custom views for the playlists so i can quickly identify the station. its all a bit of a pain but once you have your favorite stations setup, it works out well.

UnknownID

Re: Display of radio info
« Reply #2 on: March 11, 2005, 01:35:38 pm »

Many people, including myself, have been asking for some refinement regarding streaming media (bookmarking, updating information for Track Info on Playing Now, Web Media section, etc). Hopefully something will happen later in MC11s development.

Regardless, it seems right now they have there hands full with the 11.0.210+ builds... so all we can do is keep our text heard ;D

UnknownID

Pages: [1]   Go Up