INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: track breaks?  (Read 767 times)

ash_in_oz

track breaks?
« on: March 13, 2005, 03:31:44 pm »

simply trying to put the gap between individual songs on an album, how easy is it and can it be done free?

thanks

lee269

• Citizen of the Universe
  • sleep eat sleep eat sleep eat
Re: track breaks?
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2005, 03:48:48 pm »

Ash - I think we need a bit of context here if you can:

If you want specific silence duration between certain tracks you need that silence in the files. You can use media editor to add silence as necessary, and use gapless playback.

There is no way of creating a playlist that returns multiple albums and different (and customised) spaces betwen tracks without having those silences within the track files AFAIK.

But you do have some control of the intersong gaps in MC:

CD Burning - Tools/options/CD Writer - you can set the gap between tracks/crossfading etc.

Playback - tools/options/playback/settings - can set similar.

Personally I go for gapless all the time and it works good even for truly 'gapless' albums like Dark Side Of The Moon etc.

can it be done free?

Sorry I dont know what you mean.

Listening to: the hard-rocking-gapless 'Judas Cradle' from 'Beaster' by  'Sugar' on Media Center 11

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: track breaks?
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2005, 04:40:46 pm »

If you recording from LPs or tape, you can set MC to auto-dectect the breaks between tracks: Tools | More Tools | Record Sound | Options | Recorder Settings. Or select the option to manually split the tracks.

There are some free recorder programs out there, I don't remember what they are (I use Magix AudioCleaningLab which is not free). Maybe someone else will chime in as this has been discussed before, you could also try a forum search. This all pertains to wav files.

If you're trying to split mp3 files, google for "mp3 splitter". There are several apps out there and if not totally free, they usually have free trial periods.

Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up