INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: How to purchase MC11  (Read 1132 times)

MediaSmurf

How to purchase MC11
« on: March 21, 2005, 08:22:22 am »

Hi.
I've been looking around, but i can not find out how to purchase MC11.
I find the prices, but no link to purchasing.
MediaSmurf
...i want it.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: How to purchase MC11
« Reply #1 on: March 21, 2005, 08:56:45 am »

Have you installed MC11? The buy button is inside the program.

If you own MJ8 or a previous MC version it must have been installed and licensed on the same PC (and the current OS installation) if you like to get the upgrade price.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #2 on: March 21, 2005, 09:36:29 am »

Since the 219 build was pulled because of the stability issues here is the previous build: ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110218.exe

If you are a newcomer to the world of Media Center I would recommend installing this build:

ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110196.exe

I am still using it on my main Media Center PC and it seems to be very stable. Because it's a few weeks old it lacks some of the newest things, but I think it gives a better impression of the program right now. This can change quickly if the future builds don't have stability issues.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

tcman41

• Sound Surfing!
« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2005, 10:11:27 am »

219 build was pulled, lol, that explains the stability problems i am having.

why are you recommending to go all the way back to build 196, was that the last build that is stable?

Terry

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #4 on: March 21, 2005, 10:48:45 am »

It's just my opinion. That build was released before some of the recent bigger changes. Many builds have been pulled after it. You could recheck the MC11 bug threads if you like to see what has happened after 196.

I have the latest build on my other PCs, but I don't install anything to main MC PC before I am pretty sure of it.

Since everything is new for a newcomer it's better to recommend a stable build. A new user is probably not going to miss the latest functions for a while.

MediaSmurf

« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2005, 08:37:45 am »

Thank's for good respons.
I've been using MC10 since they released it, but due to the stability problems with MC11, i belive i stick to MC10 a little while longer.
MediaSmurf ;)
Pages: [1]   Go Up