INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Suggestion for Library Browser  (Read 727 times)

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
Suggestion for Library Browser
« on: March 15, 2005, 02:32:20 pm »

I know that the developement of Library Browser seems to be currently paused and that the dev-team has other priorities. The possibility of fully customization of Library Browser has already been requested a few times but it's something that we may not see very soon.

However, there is a small request that I dare to expose since I think it would be easy to implement, and in my opinion it would enhance the browsing experience.

I think it would be nice that the "files" view had a "header" like the one that was introduced in MC.11 for the playlists... that header with the cover art and a few lines of text. This way, when selecting a single album in the albums tab and clicking on "files", instead of viewing only a list of the files we would see those files plus the cover art, the artist, album tittle, or other information. It would be very close to that often requested view showing the info of the album and the list of files at the same time. When selecting all the files in an "artist" tab, the header would show the slideshow of the cover arts, as it currently does in the playlists, instead of a boring list of files.

Since this header is already implemented for the playlists view, I understand that this would not be difficult to do in the Library Browser

What do you think? Could we have it before MC.11 ships?

Thanks for your time.

-------
Listening to: 'West Coast Idea' from 'Rock en la Carretera (CD 1)' by 'Eric Clapton & the Yardbirds' on Media Center 11

RobOK

• Citizen of the Universe
  • long time MC user for PC, iPod and Tivo
Re: Suggestion for Library Browser
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2005, 08:30:36 am »

this would be very good indeed, nice suggestion.

JONCAT

Re: Suggestion for Library Browser
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2005, 03:10:50 pm »

If you want to use a larger font, the smaller links like Play Albums Files disappear. So your stuck with the default small font. I like to use something bigger than 8 in MC and when I jump over to Library Browser the afformentioned links are invisible. Are the Tile sizes adjustable? They don't seem to be at this time.

JC
Pages: [1]   Go Up