INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: rename files from tags possibilites  (Read 787 times)

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
rename files from tags possibilites
« on: March 22, 2005, 07:45:49 am »

Up to now it's hard to find an appropriate rule to store music files in a well-organized way.

My target: Have different folders for Albums, single tracks and audiobooks

Even more, I want to categorize the tracks folders by groups (a custom field) where I assigned Charts 05, Charts 04 and stuff like that. For albums I want incomplete albums to be stored separately under albums.

With these great new functions (database expressions) all of it would be possible! It's up to me to define rules as I want - but unfortunately this doesn't work up to now.

The undocumented field ISEMPTY works for view scheme fields but not for the renaming files functionality! :'(

Are there any other possibilites to achieve that target?

What about building an assistant which predefines such rules for file storage when importing data?

ChrisRainman

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Re: rename files from tags possibilites
« Reply #1 on: March 22, 2005, 09:50:00 am »

Could you make it possible to refer to dynamically created fields in views? I mean, if I create a new field based on database expressions I cannot use it in other rules, include it in view schemes or use it as field selection for the renaming options. If this was possible I could have suceeded in solving my issue.

So I still wait for some good idea or a comment "we'll include that in our next build" :D

Pages: [1]   Go Up