INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: changing drives  (Read 717 times)

mulder1211

• Recent member
changing drives
« on: April 15, 2005, 10:41:21 pm »

i just installed a new hard drive and made my old one the slave. i can't run mc from the old drive or install it on the new drive. please help.

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: changing drives
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2005, 02:51:59 am »

More info needed. What happens when you try to install MC on the new drive? Once MC is installed you should be able to use the "Find and Replace" function to point MC at the new drive letter for the old drive.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

mulder1211

• Recent member
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2005, 07:26:49 am »

when i tried to just run mc from the origional drive i would get an error report that media core had experienced a problem and had to shut down. when i tried to restore it to the new drive it automatically tries to download to it's origional destination on the c: drive which is now actually the d: drive, and so it can't find the file

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
« Reply #3 on: April 16, 2005, 02:04:40 pm »

Copy your J River Data folder to another directory outside of J River (I use a folder I call MC Backups).

Uninstall MC and delete any J River folders in your C & D drives and then reinstall MC. If you use the default (express) install it should end up: C:\Program Files\J River. (I keep all my apps on my C drive and all the music files on my D drive).

Copy the library backup from the new backup folder you created to the Backups folder in the new installation. Also copy the .jmd files to the Data folder.

Open MC , cancel the computer search for music and use the "Find & Replace" function to point MC at the D drive where your music files are. If all this doesn't work you may have to re-import all your music files.

Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up