INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Needs Warning before Rotating all the Images  (Read 971 times)

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Needs Warning before Rotating all the Images
« on: March 23, 2005, 10:09:59 am »

I currently use (and like very much) the Image organization features of MC.  One small thing that constantly annoys me, however, is the way MC handles rotation of images.

The problems are:

1.  You cannot apply any image functions (rotate, flip, etc) while Playing the image.  Often, I like to look through my images in MC in browse mode and then "zoom in" to inspect the image by double clicking it (which "plays" the image).  I would like to then be able to use my toolbar buttons to rotate, flip, and whatever else I need to do while viewing the image in this "full window" form.  Currently, I can't because if I click my rotate button it rotates ALL of the images in the playlist (rather than just the current image).  Erg...

2.  Similarly, when I play an Image, and then click the "back" button which takes me back to the Thumbnail list view.  It appears that the image I was just viewing is selected (it is surrounded by a dark blue "halo") but it actually is not!  If I click the Rotate button, again, ALL of the images in the playlist (usually the entire list in the view) happily starts rotating.  In order to get what I want, I need to actually select the image again in the thumbnail list (which changes the selection halo from a dark blue to a light blue) and then click Rotate.

This is annoying for a BUNCH of reasons, but mostly because a) it doesn't warn you, and b) it doesn't let you cancel the operation while it is proceeding (which when in some of my views of 20,000 images is a VERY BIG DEAL).

As a solution, I think that MC should never apply image functions to an entire list by default (I think to apply to multiple images you should have to control-drag-or-shift select multiple images in the list view).  Also, even if you do select multiple images I would really prefer that MC warn you before it applies the changes if you've selected a large number (just like it does with tag changes) and provide the option to cancel the operation while in progress.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: Needs Warning before Rotating all the Images
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2005, 04:26:18 pm »

If you right-click on the display of a playing Image you can rotate it in a way that'll work as expected.

We'll try to figure out how to make toolbar buttons work as well...
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

glynor

• MC Beta Team
Re: Needs Warning before Rotating all the Images
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2005, 04:40:58 pm »

Thanks!  That'd help a lot.  Unfortunately, the right-click menu is too far buried for it to be much use when you need to straighten 20-30 pictures interspersed a series of over a hundred (as I often do).
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up