INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC prevents screensaver/sleep?  (Read 2107 times)

keithjd

• Recent member
MC prevents screensaver/sleep?
« on: March 31, 2005, 05:44:09 pm »

Does anyone know if Media Center has something that prevents the screensaver from turning on or the computer from entering into sleep mode.  My screensaver has not turned on since I installed MC11 (even in standard or mini view) and today I accidentally left my computer on with MC11 open but not playing when I left for work and the computer didn't enter into sleep mode.  I just haven't been able to find the source of this "problem" and thought it might be MC.  Thanks.

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC prevents screensaver/sleep?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2005, 06:28:09 pm »

Does anyone know if Media Center has something that prevents the screensaver from turning on

No
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA

Markeau

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2005, 09:43:26 pm »

Yes I had that problem with some previous versions of MC, but weirdly it was only with just a few x minute settings, not all of them - so I just started using those other settings that worked.  The problem was definitely related to MC, because the problem only occurred when either MC was running or started then exited.  The problem seems to be fixed now.

prod

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Play nice
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2005, 08:41:54 am »

I've noticed my screensaver doesn't come on when i'm in full screen mode. possibly that would prevent the sleep kicking in also. my guess is that this is intended behaviour. makes sense n'est pas?

keithjd

• Recent member
« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2005, 10:44:47 am »

Yeah, it makes sense to not go into sleep or screen saver in full screen or theater mode- not to go into sleep when playing in standard (but screen saver should still come on).  At least in my opinion. 

I actually figured out last night that my problem is related to my HP printer software which updated itself shortly before I installed MC.  I closed MC and noticed that the screen saver would come on, then blink off when some process would temporarily open some strange no-name application for a split second.  I just kept killing processes until it stopped happening. 

Thx!
Pages: [1]   Go Up