INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Visualization problem  (Read 1062 times)

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
Visualization problem
« on: April 04, 2005, 04:59:11 am »

Occasionally, for no apparent reason, I get a Media Core error with this build. Sometimes it is when pressing F11 to switch into fullscreen mode (G-Force visualization), other times it is when switching views.

Restarting MC11 after a crash like this takes a LOOOOONG time with lots of disk thrashing.

[Update] After all the thrashing, when MC11 came up, all the visualizations were gone from the menu in Playing Now. Only Cover Art was available. I usually also have Tabby's visis, G-Force and Whitecap installed.

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
Re: Media Center 11.0.230 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2005, 05:26:12 am »

Occasionally, for no apparent reason, I get a Media Core error with this build. Sometimes it is when pressing F11 to switch into fullscreen mode (G-Force visualization), other times it is when switching views.

Restarting MC11 after a crash like this takes a LOOOOONG time with lots of disk thrashing.

[Update] After all the thrashing, when MC11 came up, all the visualizations were gone from the menu in Playing Now. Only Cover Art was available. I usually also have Tabby's visis, G-Force and Whitecap installed.

I had this same thing happen in an earlier build. The only way I could restore my visualizations was to reinstall MC. I think the culprit turned out to be White Cap (another viz by Soundspectrum) but there have been some others with G-Force issues as well. Make sure you're using the latest version of G-Force (go ahead and download it from the site even if you think you're sure you have it) and see if that helps.

Tab

• World Citizen
  • Change this by choosing profile
Re: Visualization problem
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2005, 02:03:56 pm »

Beware that reinstalling wipes out all visis and reinstalls only the MC bundled ones. Always backup Tabbys first.

Tab

gpvillamil

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Listen to the music...
Re: Visualization problem
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2005, 08:51:42 pm »

This is now 100% repeatable for me. Switching to full-screen via F11 if I am not already in Playing Now causes a crash. Then restarting MC11 takes forever.
Pages: [1]   Go Up