INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Sharing a library?  (Read 831 times)

jesseasi

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
Sharing a library?
« on: July 17, 2004, 01:37:47 am »

Is it possible to share one database with several computers?  I have all my music sitting on my server and 3 computers that I would like to have access to those files.  I have found that importing all the music works fine but all 3 computers then have their own database.  So changes I make to file names, tags, ratings, album covers - are only changing on the local machine.

Is it possible to setup Media Center to share one database with all 3 computers?  I would like to be able to setup and install album covers for everything - but I don't want to have to do it 3 times.  I would like all 3 computers to have the exact same information at all times.

Is this possible?

Jaguu

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re:Sharing a library?
« Reply #1 on: July 17, 2004, 03:38:38 am »

With Media Server you can access one database from different computers, but you can only make changes on the computer that stores the database.

Have a look at Media Server in Help!

cncb

• MC Beta Team
Re:Sharing a library?
« Reply #2 on: July 17, 2004, 08:54:13 am »

You can also put the library on a network share and open the share from each computer.  This works fine but you have to be careful not to have the library open at the same time on different computers when you are making changes to the library (the library will reflect the state of the last computer that it is closed on).
-Craig    MO 4Media remote and player:  Android/TV/Auto | iOS | Windows 10/UWP

lOth

Re: Sharing a library?
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2005, 03:35:28 pm »

this topic is a bit old and I was wondering if things still are as described here. In other words, is there now a way to modify the library from a client connected to Media server. If not, is there any plan to implement this feature?
Pages: [1]   Go Up