INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Cover art not working, and about the beta  (Read 1059 times)

mdshullaw

• Recent member
Cover art not working, and about the beta
« on: April 04, 2005, 11:59:07 pm »

Hello. I am a long time user of MJ, and I upgraded to media center 10 last night. I have a couple of questions if I may. First, I can't get the cover art retriever to work with any mp3s I have ripped. It brings up the dialog box when I tell it to search the internet, and it acts like its searching, but then the box just disappears, and nothing else happens. Does this only work when you first rip a CD and tell it to search then? I just need help understanding this. Second, should I install the version 11 beta? Is it stable enough, and does it offer features worth the risk of a beta? I have beta tested before, so it's not a problem. Last question, will beta 11 be covered by my purchase of version 10, or will it cost additional money when the finished version is released Sorry for all the questions, I'm trying to catch back up here.

P.S. - Is there possibly not very much in the way of cover art available online to download, and could that be the problem? I noticed I actually was able to get one cover that downloaded, out of about 40 different attempts of different songs and artist.

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Cover art not workin, and about the beta
« Reply #1 on: April 05, 2005, 01:00:02 am »

Version 11 is quite stable (there sill are some bugs) and getting close to release. It is not a free upgrade but once you have bought it, I don't believe there will be any additional cost(I'm not J River so I can't be positive). You can advantage of the discounted upgrade price now, or wait until release and pay a higher price (according to past history)

I have not yet tried v11, but from reading the posts, there have quite a few improvements. The library browser is new and the database is faster, the are some new file handling abilliies and evidently Theater View has been improved somewhat.

I'm sure others will chime in here, there are also some threads at the top of the forum have more specifics. I'm waiting until release to upgrade.

As to your first question, try KingSparta's free CoverArt plugin.
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

mdshullaw

• Recent member
Re: Cover art not workin, and about the beta
« Reply #2 on: April 05, 2005, 03:32:40 am »

Version 11 is quite stable (there sill are some bugs) and getting close to release. It is not a free upgrade but once you have bought it, I don't believe there will be any additional cost(I'm not J River so I can't be positive). You can advantage of the discounted upgrade price now, or wait until release and pay a higher price (according to past history)

I have not yet tried v11, but from reading the posts, there have quite a few improvements. The library browser is new and the database is faster, the are some new file handling abilliies and evidently Theater View has been improved somewhat.

I'm sure others will chime in here, there are also some threads at the top of the forum have more specifics. I'm waiting until release to upgrade.

As to your first question, try KingSparta's free CoverArt plugin.

Thank you for your help and information. Are there any major enhancements that stand out in v11? I have not been able to figure out the main differences between it and v10.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Cover art not working, and about the beta
« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2005, 06:39:59 am »

JRiver lists these:

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Animated Direct3D file browsing
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
Audible.com Store -- new features
Sony PSP support

A good reason for using MC11 is better product support. It is likely that new fixes and improvements will be available only in MC11. It is unlikely that MC10 will change anymore unless new major bugs are found before MC11 launch.

About the cover art I would like to add that MC only tries to find it. It is depended on the artist and album names and availability of the image files.

Usually I don't use the automatic lookup. I rather scan the images or download them manually from the various sites that have album images. In that way it's also possible to check the image quality before downloading it.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
Re: Cover art not working, and about the beta
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2005, 10:43:07 am »

will beta 11 be covered by my purchase of version 10, or will it cost additional money

No\Yes
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up