INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Tags JR/RATING in WMA Lossless  (Read 1161 times)

joel_cooche

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Tags JR/RATING in WMA Lossless
« on: April 06, 2005, 01:02:29 pm »

Hello,

I would like to safeguard tags JR/RATING in my files WMA Lossless, but Media Center 11.0.232 do not record them.

How to make PLEASE ? 

Thank you

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: Tags JR/RATING in WMA Lossless
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2005, 01:52:28 pm »

MC11 uses the file tag named WM/SharedUserRating for ratings. Windows Media Player uses the same tag.

Check that you have tag writing enabled for the Rating field.
Go to: Tools > Options > Library > Library Fields > Rating , press "Edit", check "Store in file tags (when possible)"
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

joel_cooche

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #2 on: April 07, 2005, 08:01:59 am »

The check box Tools > Options > Library > Library Fields > Rating , press "Edit", check "Store in file tags (when possible)" is already notched That works with my other formats of files (Flac, APE, MP3), but not in WMA

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #3 on: April 07, 2005, 08:16:03 am »

You didn't say if you like to read JR/RATING tags from the existing files to MC library or do you like to write those tags to the files.

As I wrote earlier MC11 does not write tags named JR/RATING. It writes tags named WM/SharedUserRatings. I don't know if MC11 reads JR/RATING tags.

WM/SharedUserRatings tag writing worked for me when I tried it. WMP was also able to read the information.

Did MC10 write JR/RATING tags?
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755
Pages: [1]   Go Up