INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Rip CDs - track info in uppercase!  (Read 1124 times)

dileno

• Recent member
Rip CDs - track info in uppercase!
« on: April 10, 2005, 02:07:02 pm »

When I rip a CD the info about the artist and song is in uppercase, which is kind of ugly. How do I choose the settings so that a track is named Michael Jackson - Blood on the dance floor instad of MICHAEL JACKSON - BLOOD ON THE DANCE FLOOR? I'm very pleased if anyone would like to help me. :)

Deivit

• Citizen of the Universe
  • I find your interest interesting...
Re: Rip CDs - track info in uppercase!
« Reply #1 on: April 10, 2005, 02:20:22 pm »

The info you got being uppercase or lowercase depends on how the first user entered the information in the database (YADB). You can, however, change the look of it before ripping the CD by selecting all the tracks, going to
Library Tools ->  Clean File Properties
and chosing the "Fix Capitalization" option that better suits your needs.

----

evanr76

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Re: Rip CDs - track info in uppercase!
« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2005, 10:25:43 pm »

When I rip a CD the info about the artist and song is in uppercase, which is kind of ugly. How do I choose the settings so that a track is named Michael Jackson - Blood on the dance floor instad of MICHAEL JACKSON - BLOOD ON THE DANCE FLOOR? I'm very pleased if anyone would like to help me. :)

What may be happening is that the disc has CD-TEXT encoded on it, and MC is preferentially using that information rather than looking up the disc in YADB.  CD-TEXT usually is all-uppercase.

Try right-clicking on the disc and choosing "Update from CD Database" and see if that pulls a nicer looking track list.
Pages: [1]   Go Up