INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: iPod Photo skipping tracks ?with long names?  (Read 1226 times)

bradj

iPod Photo skipping tracks ?with long names?
« on: April 12, 2005, 09:15:04 pm »

Hi,

Just purchased MC11 beta, and loving it.

I sync'd my music collection to my iPod Photo 30GB, and it is skipping some tracks. When it gets to the track, it displays the track title and then quickly proceeds to the next.
It looks as though it skips tracks with long title names.

So far, I've noticed it skips tracks on my XXX soundtrack, cos each track has the song name and the artist name, and also my Nine Inch Nails - Further Down The Spiral, which again has a number of tracks with long names.

I re-initialised and completely reloaded my iPod, but no change. I upgraded to the latest Beta version (325) but no change.

I will load up my iPod using iTunes on a MAC and see what happens, then we can see if it's an iPod or MC issue.

I had a quick look on the forum, but only found discussion of similar issues around special characters in track names - the songs affected have hyphens and parenthesis, but nothing else special.

Is this a known issue?

Brad.

JimH

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Where did I put my teeth?
Re: iPod Photo skipping tracks ?with long names?
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2005, 09:42:49 pm »

It's a known problem.  We should have it in a build or two.  Check other threads here.

SteveG

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: iPod Photo skipping tracks ?with long names?
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2005, 04:09:41 pm »

Brad,

Please delete the skipping tracks from iPod. Retransfer them with 11.0.236 and they should play.

Thanks,

Steve
Pages: [1]   Go Up