INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: ASPI Error and GPF  (Read 694 times)

jgullion

• Recent member
  • Still Wacko after all these years
ASPI Error and GPF
« on: October 12, 2002, 11:48:01 am »

Hi,

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  I love Media Jukebox, but with version 8 I am getting ASPI errors when ripping CDs.  I get one CD done sometimes, but usually a few songs into the first or second CD, I get an ASPI error asking if I would like to continue with following tracks.  No matter if I say yes or no, I get some combination of GPFs, lockups or blue screens.  The end result is a hard shutdown.

I have updated my ASPI drivers as suggested on the forum.  They are 4.71.1.  I am running Win98 SE and have a Philips CDRW drive.  It is a few years old, but I have updated to the latest driver that I can find.

Thanks.

Jason

jgullion

• Recent member
  • Still Wacko after all these years
Re: ASPI Error and GPF
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2002, 11:18:50 am »

Well, I got so frusterated with Win98 (for this and other reasons) that I upgraded to Win2000.  It has its own issues, but it has solved the ASPI problem.  I used to show at best 10 MB free memory of the total 130 MB with only MJ running.  Now I show between 45 and 90 MB free, depending on other programs runinng.

I have been able to rip several CDs in a row with no errors.  Thanks for the help.  

KingSparta

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: ASPI Error and GPF
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2002, 11:22:57 am »

we got Windows 2000 Two weeks ago at the Office, i prefer Windows XP.

I am trying to find a way to crack the System Admin Password, Windows NT Was easy.

?
Retired Military, Airborne, Air Assault, And Flight Wings.
Model Trains, Internet, Ham Radio
https://MyAAGrapevines.com
https://centercitybbs.com
Fayetteville, NC, USA
Pages: [1]   Go Up