INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 11 Theather view, Key bind suggestion  (Read 1360 times)

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
MC 11 Theather view, Key bind suggestion
« on: April 13, 2005, 12:02:43 pm »

How about using enter key (ok on ati remote) to go from full view, back to theater view. (it full view has started from there).

While playing a clip, I often want to go back to theather view, to select/add something else. No other easy way of doing this.

raym

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: MC 11 Theather view, Key bind suggestion
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2005, 07:07:44 pm »

Ctrl-5 should do it...
RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2005, 08:34:05 pm »

Or

F11

or

Win/menu key.

Esc. will rotate you back to std. view

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2005, 08:52:59 pm »

Yeah, but remote controllers don't have these keys.

Most remotes have enter key though. You enter to start playing and to go to full view, use it again to go back. I believe it would be very user friendly.

I mapped one of the keys on my remote to return to Theater view, but I don't like that solution.

The Illest Villain

• Recent member
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2005, 10:40:28 pm »

You can configure it the way you want. With ati remote wonder, i use the B key to switch.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2005, 03:24:52 pm »

With the Remote Wonder 2 I use the yellow button (down by the Play-FF-RW-Stop keys) set to F11 (which cycles through Full Screen, Theater, and Standard View).

Yeah, but remote controllers don't have these keys.

Most remotes have enter key though. You enter to start playing and to go to full view, use it again to go back. I believe it would be very user friendly.

I mapped one of the keys on my remote to return to Theater view, but I don't like that solution.

Why don't you like that solution?

I personally would be pretty annoyed if they remapped the enter key.  I use the OK button to actually play things all the time.  Enter already has a purpose, and it's pretty intuitive.  It "activates" whatever you currently have selected, just as it should...
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Tolga

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2005, 06:13:21 pm »

Why don't you like that solution?

I personally would be pretty annoyed if they remapped the enter key.  I use the OK button to actually play things all the time.  Enter already has a purpose, and it's pretty intuitive.  It "activates" whatever you currently have selected, just as it should...

I agree that the current functionality of enter should not be changed. I propose an additional functionality. When in full mode, as far as I can see, enter does not have a function. I propose that enter at full mode returns you to the previous screen. (so you start with enter and return back to the selection menu with enter).

Using External tools for keybinding is not a good solution because I imagine that there are many users who do not want to deal with such hacks. Theater view + TV + remote is a very intutive setting, easy to use setting. (ask my dog), but it will not take off, if people need to do hacks to use it efficiently.
Pages: [1]   Go Up