INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.245 Beta Available  (Read 5068 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.245 Beta Available
« on: April 20, 2005, 04:41:40 pm »

We're still working on Media Center 11.  We appreciate your bug reports, but MC11 may not work as expected and we can't fully support it.  If you want to use MC 11 while we're building it, PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311

For a more trouble-free experience, please download Media Center 10 here:
http://www.jrmediacenter.com/download.html

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110245.exe

Please post bugs you're sure about here.  Anything else and especially anything that requires an answer should be posted in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0.  Thanks.  -- JimH

Recent Changes
Encoder settings may need to be re-set:

http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;topic=26527.0

11.0.245 (4/20/05)

1. Fixed: Nomad and Dell player support which was broken in yesterday's build, readded. This included media type compatibility
2. Fixed: Ipod long filename with duplicate paths of first 50 characters overwriting fixed.
3. Fixed: Audible bookmarks would not load properly in some cases.
4. Fixed: 244 introduced a bug that would delete rated iPod files during auto sync. This is resolved.
5. Fixed: Portable Action Window available space refresh after sync.
6. Changed: Removed/corrected some outdated/incorrect entries in "Command Shortcuts" in Media Scheduler.
7. Fixed: Audio CD's would burn with cross fading in some cases even if the option was not selected.
8. Fixed: "Close disk" option was showing up on both audio and data CD burning options pages (should just be data).
9. NEW: Database expressions handled list type fields.
10. Changed: Database expressions used in view schemes will default to list-style. (override by adding &DataType=[...] to the expression)

11.0.244 (4/19/05)

1. Changed: Options dialog loads pages on demand instead of all at once for faster access.
2. Changed: Portables now return MediaType information.
3. Fixed: Media Scheduler could use the wrong name in some cases.
4. Fixed: Media Scheduler used wrong registry paths for settings.
5. Fixed: Media Scheduler "TV channels" list was empty for TV recording.
6. Changed: Media Scheduler no longer needs an output file path for TV recording. Now daily recordings of soap opera would not overwrite each other.
7. Fixed: "Enable Task Scheduler" would be checked on Media Scheduler startup even if it was unchecked previously.
8. Fixed: Theater View page up / page down would not always work as expected.
9. Changed: The switch from Theater View to fullscreen looks smoother.
10. Changed: Theater View's picture-in-picture uses a black background when no display is loaded. (instead of the skins color)
11. Changed: Control bars will no longer appear on Theater View's picture-in-picture.
12. NEW: Included new skin: Aruba. (note: still in development)
13. Fixed: The right edge of some skin items would not draw properly when being shrunk.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
Audible.com Store -- new features
Sony PSP support
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

MarkGrigsby

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Re: Media Center 11.0.245 Beta Available
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2005, 05:01:14 pm »

2. Fixed: Ipod long filename with duplicate paths of first 50 characters overwriting fixed.

This is still not working for me.  All files are given same truncated 16 char name.

lOth

« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2005, 05:35:38 pm »

Just played a song on my iPod and synchronized with 245.

Here's a new issue: MC now says that it was last played " -578569:55:20 ago " (yes, it's a negative time). And still the same problem: if I keep syncing without ejecting the iPod, the playcount for that song will keep increasing. (Please note this isn't happening anymore for files that have been played in MC).

All the rest seems to be fixed for me: I couldn't spot a long filename problem and MC doesn't delete rated files from the player anymore.

Sauzee

« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 05:53:05 pm »

1. VCD's - Use screen grab for thumbnail doesn't work

2. Video thumbnails from MC 10 are not transferred to MC 11 program directory. If I un-install 10 - i will lose all these thumbnails

3. VCD's made from more than one mpg - MC only plays/recognises the first file!

4. Find and replace - there is no option to apply this to cover art/image.

5. Offline media is tagged with a value of 1, but local media is not given a value. Shouldn't it be given the value of 0 - as it used to be v10. As it stands at the moment  it looks odd in pane view - with the  values of unassigned and 1.

Sauzee

« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 06:48:06 pm »

Another couple of bugs..

+++
Cover art often doesn't appear - seems to happen when I've had MC loaded for long periods of time. The image tag is pointing at the right thumbnail but MC isn't displaying it sometimes.

The problem then is that you have to remove cover art and then re-attach it. Seems a bit daft, given that the cover art was there in the first place.

+++

Lots of my mpg and avi files are now have an album tag value the same as the date (year) tag. I've never used the album tag for videos - so it's a bit odd to see values appearing there.

Qythyx

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2005, 07:03:41 pm »

I've seen this problem for a while, but never reported it. I just verified that it's still in 245. The problem is that if MC can't load the library (in my case this is because I only have a remote library via Library Server and due to network problems can't connect) then it shows the Media Libraries window to select/manage libraries. So far, so good. At this window, if I select Exit, however, then displays a Critical Error box and dies.

I understand that it needs a library, but since I chose Exit intentionally, it shouldn't display an Error dialog. Further, when I click Ok on the error there is a application error.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2005, 07:30:27 pm »

Lots of my mpg and avi files are now have an album tag value the same as the date (year) tag. I've never used the album tag for videos - so it's a bit odd to see values appearing there.

This is a newer feature of v11 (though it was introduced many builds ago).  It automatically tags files that don't have an album tag with the date (I think it's date created if I remember correctly), which helps some people when tagging images I guess.  I just think it makes it easier to spot the files I forgot to tag.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Shelly

• I love listening to music with Media Center!
« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2005, 08:59:36 pm »

At least one of the tags was removed from half of my library of 22,000 files.  The tags were still present in file properties through Windows Explorer but couldn't be seen in MC.  Fortunately I was able to restore the tags from the Fill Properties with Filename command.  I restored build .244. 

canaro99

• World Citizen
« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2005, 09:31:07 pm »

Two noted bugs:

v245 will not allow letters with accent marks, i.e. á,é etc to be entered in tags. The program immediately jumps out of the tagging window.

I ripped a CD--no problem. I put the second CD into the drive and the display pane will not show the contents of the CD unless I exit MC and re-enter.

Thank you,

John

StiX

• Recent member
  • i really have nothing more to say...
« Reply #9 on: April 20, 2005, 09:39:39 pm »

When a View Scheme View is in focus, Ctrl+Shift+A or Ctrl+A both select the "All" item. This behaviour is not correct and make troubles in long lists.

StiX

• Recent member
  • i really have nothing more to say...
« Reply #10 on: April 20, 2005, 09:53:06 pm »

MC doesn't import Values from Custom Fields when there are Cyrillic Letters in Custom Field Values. MC9 hadn't this problem. This problem was introduced in MC10. Thankfully the Library Database is stable and I had to reimport only files in some specific situations. In File Type Info panel I see: instead of COMM (Field Name) there is COMM (Comments) for each Custom Field.

In library the values are in correct format, all cyrillic letters are visible/editable, BUT, it's enough to remove and reimport the file to the library and MC10-11 will not import the data (iow. will not substitute the ID3v2 Tag Values with Field Values). After reimport, if the [Comments] field is empty, it is replaced by some other Custom Field Value (only when there are Cyrillic Letters).

------------------

Additionally: Values of regular standard ID3v2 Tags, like Artist/Title/Album, appears in incorrect format in Winamp (that's not apply to ID3v1 Tags):
       Ìèðàæ - Çâåçäû íàñ æäóò
appears as
       8@06 - 2574K =0A 64CB

Solomon

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #11 on: April 20, 2005, 11:08:21 pm »

There seems to be a 64-character limit on the name portion of the filename of M4A files.  I discovered this after batch-renaming a bunch of files and having some of them (apparently at random) cease to play.  I tracked down the problem by trying to play those files in Quicktime.  The Quicktime error message was something unhelpful like "invalid filename"...  But then I clued in that it was only the longer filenames that were failing to play.

Admittedly, this is a Quicktime bug and not a Media Center bug, but I would recommend having Media Center refuse to rename files to a length that will prevent them from playing.

Note: I'm not certain that the maximum is 64 characters.  It might be 63.  But it's something around there.

Solomon

P.S. I assume that other file types, those that don't require Quicktime to play, don't suffer from this problem.  I've only recently imported a bunch of M4A files into my library, which is why I noticed this bug today.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #12 on: April 21, 2005, 01:20:13 am »

5. Offline media is tagged with a value of 1, but local media is not given a value. Shouldn't it be given the value of 0 - as it used to be v10. As it stands at the moment  it looks odd in pane view - with the  values of unassigned and 1.

I've reported this bug many times as well.

DWAnderson

• Galactic Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #13 on: April 21, 2005, 01:22:09 am »

I've seen this problem for a while, but never reported it. I just verified that it's still in 245. The problem is that if MC can't load the library (in my case this is because I only have a remote library via Library Server and due to network problems can't connect) then it shows the Media Libraries window to select/manage libraries. So far, so good. At this window, if I select Exit, however, then displays a Critical Error box and dies.

I understand that it needs a library, but since I chose Exit intentionally, it shouldn't display an Error dialog. Further, when I click Ok on the error there is a application error.

I have experienced this as well. Usually, I'm trying to connect to Library Server from work and Library Server happens to be down. I realize this, cancel and then the behavior above occurs.

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • The Cosmic Bird
« Reply #14 on: April 21, 2005, 06:19:50 am »

I have asked for an option for selecting a default startup library. Even if the client is not used mainly for storing media it can have a small local library. Quite often I forget to change back to a local library when closing MC and my server is not running all the time. Gateley thought it was a good idea.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

interbeat

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Change this by choosing profile
« Reply #15 on: April 21, 2005, 06:58:45 am »

This is a newer feature of v11 (though it was introduced many builds ago).  It automatically tags files that don't have an album tag with the date (I think it's date created if I remember correctly), which helps some people when tagging images I guess.  I just think it makes it easier to spot the files I forgot to tag.

BUT, many of my video album tags were filled in, and have now been overwritten with the date. This has happened in the last few builds or so - I don't know exactly when.

EW

JimH

• Administrator
  • Where did I put my teeth?
« Reply #16 on: April 21, 2005, 07:13:00 am »

Some posts with change requests have been moved to new thread.  We're not making changes until we release.

mjcumming

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2005, 09:09:32 am »

Jim et al,

The ability for MC to watch and automatically update the library is critical for me now.  We are buying music online from one PC and storing it to a remote fileserver for playback with another PC running MC. 

raym

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2005, 09:44:39 am »

***** THEATER VIEW *****

When navigating in the default audio view, you need to hit the back button twice to return to root Audio level.

RKM Smart Home - www.rkmsmarthome.com.au
Z-Wave Home Automation

EpF

« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2005, 01:46:54 pm »

Expressions are not working properly in View Schemes...

Media Center Registered 11.0.245 -- C:\Program Files\J River\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows XP  Workstation 5.1 Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
AMD Unknown 2198 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 1048 MB, Free - 178 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2900.2180 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.82 (xpsp_sp2_rtm.040803-2158) / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2900.2573 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / Shell32.dll: 6.00.2900.2578 (xpsp_sp2_gdr.041130-1729) / wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc. / Aspi32.sys: 4.60 (1021)

Ripping /   Drive F: SAMSUNG CDRW/DVD SM-308B  Mode:Normal  Type:Auto  Speed:Max
  Digital playback: Yes /  Use YADB: No /  Get cover art: No /  Calc replay gain: Yes /  Copy volume: 32767
  Eject after ripping: Yes /  Play sound after ripping: No 

Burning /  Drive F: SAMSUNG  CDRW/DVD SM-308B   Addr: 1:0:0  Speed:2  MaxSpeed:8  BurnProof:No
  Test mode: No /  Eject after writing: Yes /  Direct decoding: No /  Write CD-Text: Yes
  Use playback settings: No /  Normalization: None

Zardoz2293

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Beyond...
« Reply #20 on: April 21, 2005, 02:07:57 pm »

I am surprised you haven’t implemented a feature that displays a different ICON or COLOR in the Media Library view for items already in the Playing Now view. 

I find it inconvenient when selecting items from the Media Library and you can’t tell if the selection is already in the Playing Now list as there isn’t any visual feedback. 
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1 (Build 7601) [64-bit]
    Asus Sabertooth X58, i7-980X @4.1GHz, 24GB @PC3-14400

thomaspf

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
Rendering on scaled font size broken
« Reply #21 on: April 21, 2005, 05:00:40 pm »

Hi,

I just relaized that some of the property sheet in the options do not render correctly on my machine with font size 145%.

Buttons and text cut off etc.

Cheers

Thomas
Pages: [1]   Go Up