INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Help with Song Databases  (Read 894 times)

Dubster

• Recent member
  • Computer Software Designer
Help with Song Databases
« on: October 16, 2002, 10:48:15 pm »

[The first version of this got lost in the Interact recovery.]

I'm trying to make some sense out of the YABD facility.  I want to rip to WAV with Exact Audio Copy and then import to MJ, make an archive CD copy and then compress to OGG.  How can I get MJ 8 to collect song title, artist and other info for the WAV files from EAC?  It seems I can only get this info if MJ does the ripping.  I thought of using the properties dialog to collect this, but it seems there's a bug that has MJ going to CDDB even though I have YADB selected, so it never gets any answer.

I can't be the only one with these problems.  Any suggestions will be helpful.  TIA

Media Jukebox PLUS 8.0.387
Install Path: E:\Program Files\J River\Media Jukebox\

CPU: AMD Duron 600 MHz MMX
Memory: Total - 261 MB, Free - 128 MB
Resource Info: System - 61 %, GDI - 83 %, User - 61 %

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2600.0000
ComCtl32.dll: 5.50.4704.1100
Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2600.0000
Shell32.dll: 5.50.4134.100
wnaspi32.dll: 4.60 (1021) , ASPI for Win32 (95/NT) DLL, Copyright © 1989-1999 Adaptec, Inc.
Aspi32.sys: N/A

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
Re: Help with Song Databases
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2002, 12:17:49 am »

For simplicity's sake, since you rip w/ EAC, then encode with it too. EAC uses FreeDB, MJ uses FreeDB+ (otherwise known as YADB).

Set up compression options>external compression as shown in graphic (replace with your parameters where necessary - such as encoder location)

In Additional Command Line Options put in the following: (replace the 8 with whatever quality value u want)
%s -q 8 -t "%t" -a "%a" -l "%g" -c "comment=EAC: v1 ogg @ q8" -G "%m" -d %y -N %n

Note: look under EAC Help in how to save a profile, that way all these Ogg settings won't have to be recreated each time. Clear any tagging checkbox's related to tagging in EAC, the external encoder will handle that. Sometimes EAC won't search for new CD info when inserted. In such case pick (from EAC menu) Database>Get CD Information from....

Now after ripping & encoding & placing in your music directory, go to MJ then Tools>Import Media (make sure Ogg is checked in file types under advanced).

Thats it, simple - huh?

Xenno

Dubster

• Recent member
  • Computer Software Designer
« Reply #2 on: October 17, 2002, 06:57:47 am »

Thanks Xenno.  It's nice to have the complete setup for OGG in EAC.  It's not quite the scenerio I was hoping for but I'll play with it to see if I can develop a plan that works.

xen-uno

• Citizen of the Universe
  • Checking your hard disk for errors...
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2002, 07:10:37 am »

You'll like it, I assure you.

The reason I mentioned the profiles (in case you didn't know) is you can create several (say an MP3, an Ogg, a FLAC.....) and instantly switch between them.

Xenno
Pages: [1]   Go Up