INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11: Tagging and focus  (Read 829 times)

dcwebman

• Citizen of the Universe
MC11: Tagging and focus
« on: June 02, 2005, 05:45:59 pm »

Tagging cover art still happens in the foreground.
Jeff

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: MC11: Tagging and focus
« Reply #1 on: June 02, 2005, 07:50:41 pm »

Tagging cover art still happens in the foreground.

This is by design so that thumbnails update as expected.  This won't change for 11.0.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

darichman

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2005, 08:24:40 pm »

This is by design so that thumbnails update as expected.  This won't change for 11.0.

Thumbnails are still not updating as expected. It seems to update the files themesleves, but thumbnails only display after randomly clicking on different views until they appear. I am also getting random program crashes after updating image file.

Also, when I go to the "add from file" option, sometimes the image files don't display in the browser menu. They aren't weird file formats either... jpegs, bitmaps and png... and there doens't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to which images show up to select and which don't. If I begin to type in the file name in the browser I can select it via the dropdown menu.

This has been around for a while in MC11 and is still present in the latest version.

Windows XP Service Pack 2

dcwebman

« Reply #3 on: June 03, 2005, 08:00:52 am »

Huh? After working in the background for a multitude of versions of 11.0, suddenly now it's in the foreground and by design just to get around a problem with thumbnails?

Tagging is extremely slow now when I want to change cover art. For example, if I copy a new cover art image to the cover art directory with the correct filename, I can do a "Quick Find in File / Cover Art Directory". In order to do that though, I have to Remove Cover Art for those files, wait until the foreground process is done, do the Quick Find, then wait until that foreground process is done before I can go on to the next one. The only way I can see to avoid this is to use the Add From File and then try to find the file I just placed in my cover art directory (among thousands).

All I can say is thank goodness I have the cover art done for most of my @13,000 files but I'm still going to run into the problem when ripping new ones.
Jeff
Pages: [1]   Go Up