INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Burning w/ fades: MC11.243 bug  (Read 1574 times)

JONCAT

Burning w/ fades: MC11.243 bug
« on: April 16, 2005, 04:47:47 pm »

MC11.241 is burning audio cd's w/ DSP effects although they are unselected (at least fades). This problem was reported two weeks ago. The workaround means going into the DSP and setting GAPLESS which results in a non-faded CD being burned; this would imply a simple fix?

Admin: this is going to go into the final release? No one's comented on this...it's not that hard to try and replicate. Does anyone burn cd's anymore ; )

JC

JONCAT

Burning w/ fades
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2005, 07:28:15 am »

Has this been fixed yet? It's kind of a pain for the checkbox not to work; it's easy to forget what the settings are "inside" the DSP. Sucks to get in the car and have an audiobook start fading between tracks.

Is anyone out there burning cd's ; ) Can we try to replicate this...anyone?

JC

glynor

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
Re: Burning w/ fades
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2005, 01:05:00 pm »

Is anyone out there burning cd's ; )

Burning CDs?  That's so 1998!

;D

(I'll give it a whirl when I get home tonight and post back).

EDIT:

I broke my Mac last night (something got corrupted on the boot drive) and decided I best leave well enough alone for the rest of the night.  Sorry, I'll take a look tonight.
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

JONCAT

Re: Burning w/ fades
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2005, 02:03:56 pm »

Thanks. I am going to try .244 at some point, but every build as of late has the problem.

Anyone have an external dvd burner? MC will not let me burn data. I burn a full disk that ends up being "inaccesble". 

We are supposed to be able to burn data other than ISO's to dvd right?

JohnT

Re: Burning w/ fades: MC11.243 bug
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2005, 03:00:08 pm »

[ edited out previous text about non-reproducibility! ]

I was "finally" able to replicate the cross-fade problem and it will be fixed in the next build. Thanks for your patience on that.

As far as DVD data burning, I haven't seen a problem with this. What did you mean by "We are supposed to be able to burn data other than ISO's to dvd right?". All data disks (CD & DVD) written by MC are ISO9660 format which is readable on any PC.
Can anyone else replicate the DVD data burning problem?
John Thompson, JRiver Media Center

JONCAT

« Reply #5 on: April 21, 2005, 07:40:05 am »

Thanks, I know you guys are working hard...

I don't have a great deal of knowledge regarding ISO's...so I wanted to double check that burning of data files to dvd/cd is possible (thinking of .iso as ONE file). I was thinking ISO was a type of file and not a format.

It must be related to my external burner. Something isn't right; as soon as you add data, it claims you are over limit by exactly what you just added. I posted over at AMDMB.com about how XPSP2 keeps dropping the drive off the system (starts showing up in My COMP as CD-DRIVE instead of CD/DVD-RW DRIVE, and EAC or MC can't find the drive. At that point, even stoppping, unplugging, and re-connecting won't work...I have to reboot.

Strange, because the drive works in all respects and the PC is stable with memtest and prime-95. I am going to try a new driver and a new PCI combo card soon.

thanks,
JC

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: April 21, 2005, 08:22:22 am »

I tested my Plextor PX-712UF (FireWire DVD-RW drive) last night with the newest build and it worked splendidly (as it did in the past).  My FireWire ports are onboard though, and I have had flaky add-in board drivers cause problems in the past.  What type of USB2/FireWire card are you using?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/
Pages: [1]   Go Up