INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Order MP3s to portable?  (Read 863 times)

NatSkansn

• Recent member
  • nothing more to say...
Order MP3s to portable?
« on: October 16, 2002, 10:49:31 am »

Can someone tell me it Media Jukebox has the ability to write MP3s to a CF card via a USB reader, or a PC card CF reader in a specific order?  

I have a NEX II portable MP3 player that will only play MP3s in the order they appear in the FAT on the CF card.  If files are copied to the CF card one by one, the player will play them back in the same order.

There are a couple utilities that are being developed to accomplish this: GearVolt, CopyNex, and FatSort.  But it would be fantastic to have an all-in-one MP3 progam that will write MP3s to a CF card in order, rip, burn, playback, convert, and edit tags for MP3s.   :)

Thanks,

NatSkanson

Chico

• World Citizen
  • Life is good!
Re: Order MP3s to portable?
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2002, 11:56:38 am »

Yes, you can do what you want with a Compact Flash Card.
You can create a new playlist, and add the songs you want to that playlist in the order you want.  Then, just drag and drop the playlist onto the CFC (in "CD, DVD, & Handhelds" tree veiw).  The songs in the playlist will be added to the flash card in the order you had arranged them.
All you have to do then, is go to the CFC in the tree view and click on "Upload FIles" (lower right corner of MJ).
I think this will work....  Let me know.
JRiver Media Center... If you don't have it, I don't want to hear it!

ZRocker

• Citizen of the Universe
Re: Order MP3s to portable?
« Reply #2 on: October 16, 2002, 12:52:16 pm »

NatS,

I too have and love the NexII player and use MJ8 exclusively for managing my CF cards.  I just created (and leave) 6 directories on my CF card (number 1 thru 6).  Then, just simply drag files (albums) to those directories (in the order I want them played back).  And, upload...that's it.  So, the order you add the files to the upload to CF list is the order they are written and played back by the NexII.  The 1 thru 6 directory approach help playback ordering because the NexII honors the directory creation order first...I never delete the directories (just delete files from the directories).

Your CF card should show up under CDs, DVDs & Handhelds when plugged in to your CF reader, NexII plugged into USB or PC-Card/CF adapter (what I use in my laptop).  I recommend using a CF reader or a PC-Card/CF adapter (more reliable).
Pages: [1]   Go Up