INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: "no asio devices detected", have chaintech av710  (Read 923 times)

sherifffruitfly

"no asio devices detected", have chaintech av710
« on: April 24, 2005, 09:35:58 pm »

Hi all,

Like the subject says - I'm trying to play some mp3s via asio, and I get that message. I'm using v11 MC. Is there some setting somewhere that needs to be turned on?

The soundcard is connected to a Harman Kardon AVR630 receiver via optical s/pdif. Supposedly the receiver can decode mp3s itself, and I'm trying to get mp3s over to the receiver in undecoded fashion. If I can't do that, I'll go with asio.

thanks for any pointers!

cdj

MAPgeekdad

• Junior Woodchuck
  • Mets fan
Re: "no asio devices detected", have chaintech av710
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 09:38:42 am »

I just installed an AV-710 a few weeks ago.  After completing install of the sound card and ensuring that it is playing sound, then go into MC11.

I also had your same problem at first.  Go into the playback options and select Wave Out, and under settings select your soundcard.  Confirm your selectin and exit.  Go back into the playback options again and it should now let you select ASIO.

In another post to Jakester regarding ASIO, I mentioned also that the original ASIO v1.8 had noise and clicking problems when changing tracks.  When I added ASIO4ALL v2.6 (the latest version), everything wokred fine with no noise or pops.

Given that you have a HK AVR630, I'm sure that you are not using the crappy optical cable that comes with the Chaintech soundcard and I am probably stating the obvious : )

Good Luck!

p.s.  How do you like the AVR630? And what speakers are you driving?

sherifffruitfly

Re: "no asio devices detected", have chaintech av710
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 12:04:13 am »

Start with the happy stuff:

The AVR630 rules on all fronts. Only thing that I would like to see improved is the ease of using the HK remote for other components. It'll do pretty much everything on other components, but it seems harder than I would like.

Speakers: Hsu Research Ventriloquist + sub - I like them a lot too.

On to the embarassing stuff:

Now that I've found out I need ASIO4ALL (and not just MC by itself), things make a lot more sense. I went and installed the latest ASIO4ALL, and MC recognizes the availability of ASIO.

Now the problem is even worse: Whenever I try to play anything with it, the d@mn computer reboots - basically a blue screen, where I don't see the actual blue screen. This happens *literally* everytime I try to play anything through ASIO.

Still working on figuring out exactly wut the problem there is - presumably a conflict of some sort, but we'll see...

Thanks for the response - I was worried my problem was too bonehead for anyone to bother answering!

cdj
Pages: [1]   Go Up