INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.250 Release Candidate  (Read 4904 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.250 Release Candidate
« on: April 27, 2005, 09:39:55 am »

We're just about ready to release Media Center 11.0.  We appreciate your bug reports.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311  Please post bugs you're sure about here.  Post anything else in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0.  

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110250.exe

11.0.250 (4/27/05)

1. Fixed: Clicking "Digital Chan" button on "TV Channels" property page sometimes resulted in the "Scan Channels" dialog window for analog channels displayed.
2. Fixed: Clicking a digital channel entry on "TV Channels" property page sometimes resulted in crash.
3. Fixed: Import would not search directories in some cases. (introduced in 249)
4. Fixed: MC would not allow right-click Import Into Library on some internet streams.
5. Fixed: Mini view playlist would not display track information. (introduced in 249)
6. Changed: Expanded functionality of IsEqual(...) expression to allow less-than / greater-than tests.
7. Fixed: Theater View Playing Now would not update properly when switching zones.

11.0.249 (4/26/05)

1. Fixed: Alt+1...9 keyboard shortcuts would be translated inside of edit controls, making it difficult to enter international characters.
2. Changed: Drop location line shown when dragging and dropping inside a list was not clearly visible with some skins.
3. Optimized: Several list drawing optimizations that make lists draw, scroll, etc. around 20% faster.
4. Fixed: Action Bin > Burn > Clear Queue command was not working properly.
5. Fixed: Mini View toolbar button would incorrectly show "Escape" as the shortcut.
6. Changed: Included updated Aruba skin.
7. Changed: Aruba the default skin on a fresh install.
8. Changed: Revised splash screen coloring and version label. (no longer beta)
8. Fixed: Download Manager would crash after downloading.
10. Fixed: TV recording initiated by Media Scheduler was not imported.
11. Fixed: Download Manager Property pages would crash.
12. Changed: Revised library browser and plugin tree icons.
13. Fixed: MC would not allow right-click Import Into Library on internet streams.
14. Fixed: WMA Encoder Plugin would crash with incorrect settings.
15. Fixed: Sync data to Portables was not updating the MC database correctly.
16. Fixed: Some fields were not returned correctly for WMDM portables.
17. Changed: Added additional logging for portable disconnects and connects.

11.0.248 (4/25/05)

1. Changed: Improved clarity of error message when Media Scheduler fails to recording TV due to TV device being used by another program.
2. Changed: Media Scheduler's TV view window is resizable now.
3. Changed: Revised Quicktime playback's 64 character filename length limit to not include the path. (QuickTime limitation)
4. Changed: Removed "Plus Features..." help menu item.
5. Fixed: Launching MC while another instance was running would not always properly show the first instance.
6. Changed: Keyboard list navigation (up, down, left, right) could be overly slow on some systems.
7. Fixed: "Options > List > Show track info tooltips" would not always take effect immediately after a change.
8. Fixed: Several search box tweaks where editing around "friendly tokens" would not work as expected.
9. Fixed: Split view playlist headers could update their art to reflect selections made in other views.
10. Fixed: Media Center would not properly register its TLB file for the automation SDK.
11. Changed: When tagging finishes, MC will prompt for empty directory removal right away instead of only after the selection changed.
12. Fixed: Removed spurious EXE Path GetInfo calls in Encoder Plugins.
13. New: Added logging in Encoder Plugins
14. Fixed: Media Editor update to new plugin API.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
Re: Media Center 11.0.250 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2005, 11:41:40 am »

if i select an album from the library and then press the play button it doesnt play that album, it plays the entire library, regardless of how i set it in the options
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

MarkGrigsby

• World Citizen
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2005, 12:23:59 pm »

I'm getting inconsistent results when changing the upload Folder or Naming structure for burning CDs.  Sometimes when this parameter is changed, the next burn is done under the old structure (or even with no structure - i.e. orig. filenames in root).

A second burn without changing any options seems to correct the problem!

sapnho

• Galactic Citizen
  • Leave a legacy
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2005, 03:08:43 pm »

The import media doesn't work anymore.

I have all my information stored in the tags and sometimes empty the library and then load everything fresh. With .250 this has stopped working. It analyses about 26k files and then searches and comes up with not a single file. I tried this on my two computers and both have this problem. I import from a server if this has anything to do with it. First time I ever had this problem.

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2005, 03:20:52 pm »

if i select an album from the library and then press the play button it doesnt play that album, it plays the entire library, regardless of how i set it in the options

Are you certain you have General (options)->Behavior->Play Button: Play visible files (selected), not Play visible files (all) ? With the latter setting my system behaves as you describe; with the former it behaves as you desire.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: April 27, 2005, 04:27:24 pm »

The import media doesn't work anymore.

I have all my information stored in the tags and sometimes empty the library and then load everything fresh. With .250 this has stopped working. It analyses about 26k files and then searches and comes up with not a single file. I tried this on my two computers and both have this problem. I import from a server if this has anything to do with it. First time I ever had this problem.

Make sure you have 250 (not 249) installed.  Please start a new thread if you continue to see this.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
« Reply #6 on: April 27, 2005, 04:45:21 pm »

as you can see the focus is on the album "naughty but nice - sarah connor"
but if i click on play mc doesnt play that album it plays the entire library.

http://www.mynetcologne.de/~nc-bauerro7/screenshot6.png

and see here in such a way functions it

Why the album is played then here.  If I click on play?

http://www.mynetcologne.de/~nc-bauerro7/screenshot5.png
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Mike Noe

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #7 on: April 27, 2005, 08:21:08 pm »

Are you certain you have General (options)->Behavior->Play Button: Play visible files (selected), not Play visible files (all) ? With the latter setting my system behaves as you describe; with the former it behaves as you desire.

I can't believe I never noticed this before.  I'm seeing the same thing as bytestar, regardless of which play button play mode (all or selected).

Build 250
openSUSE TW/Plasma5 x86_64 | Win10Pro/RX560
S.M.S.L USB-DAC => Transcendent GG Pre (kit) => Transcendent mono OTLs (kit)
(heavily modded) Hammer Dynamics Super-12s (kit)
(optionally) VonSchweikert VR8s

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #8 on: April 27, 2005, 10:22:02 pm »

I can't believe I never noticed this before.  I'm seeing the same thing as bytestar, regardless of which play button play mode (all or selected).

Build 250

Yes, it doesn't care what is selected (Genre, Artist, Album), the entire library starts playing from the first selection in it.

UnknownID

« Reply #9 on: April 27, 2005, 11:31:38 pm »

I am noticing some slowdown while tagging.

In the main Audio node, I select a track “Name” field and click on it to edit and change the name. Each letter takes about a second or two before it shows up.

UnknownID

Never mind what I wrote above. It seems to be working correctly today, but this was definitely happening yesterday after importing some mp3s... strange.

sdcoochie8

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #10 on: April 27, 2005, 11:43:09 pm »

This may have come up else where but when trying to customize my view based on filename a-z it does not come up right. My library is based on the track numbers I name the file so I want to make sure it shows up this way. Perhaps I am doing something wrong.

coolblue

• World Citizen
  • "You're soaking in it!"
« Reply #11 on: April 27, 2005, 11:47:09 pm »

Yes, it doesn't care what is selected (Genre, Artist, Album), the entire library starts playing from the first selection in it.

Ah. I misread before. I thought bytestar was in the Library Browser. In Media Library view I see the same problem as the others  (adds the entire library to the playlist). Not good.

sapnho

• Galactic Citizen
  • Leave a legacy
« Reply #12 on: April 28, 2005, 12:08:34 am »

Make sure you have 250 (not 249) installed.  Please start a new thread if you continue to see this.

Matt, I have .250 installed.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #13 on: April 28, 2005, 12:55:21 am »

I'm using .250 and things play as I would expect.

Select an artist & album click on the first track listed then click the play button (or left-click, play) and it plays that track and then the following tracks for ths album.

It's certainly not playing the whole library.

I have General (options)->Behavior->Play Button: Play visible files (all)  selected.

Richard

Valisystem

• Junior Woodchuck
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #14 on: April 28, 2005, 02:01:19 am »

I ran into this myself for the first time a couple of days ago.

Highlight an album name and push Play; instead of playing the album, MC starts playing the whole library.

If you highlight an individual track down below, pushing Play will start playing that song and continue with the rest of the album.

Obviously it's easy to work around, but the intuitive result would be to start playing the highlighted album without the extra click on a song title . . .

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #15 on: April 28, 2005, 03:13:43 am »

I'm using .250 and things play as I would expect.

Select an artist & album click on the first track listed then click the play button (or left-click, play) and it plays that track and then the following tracks for ths album.

It's certainly not playing the whole library.

I have General (options)->Behavior->Play Button: Play visible files (all)  selected.

Richard
But your sequence is not what I (we) do.

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #16 on: April 28, 2005, 04:05:48 am »

Yup, sorry my mistake.

When I looked at the screen samples I thought the track had been selected as well.

Richard

Solomon

• Junior Woodchuck
« Reply #17 on: April 28, 2005, 04:31:48 am »

The bug I'm about to describe has been around for a long, long time, and I've never reported it because I assume that lots of folks are aware of it.  But since .250 is a Release Candidate, maybe this could be fixed finally?

The tooltip data when the mouse is pointing at a song always has the correct cover art but often has the wrong everything else.

Here's how to replicate the problem: point at a song in the library with the mouse.  Notice that the tooltip information is correct.  Now, cause a dialog box to pop up (say the options menu, for example, by pressing Ctrl-O).  Now, move the mouse so that it will be pointing at a different song in the library.  Dismiss the dialog box (with Esc).  Wait a second for the new tool tip to pop up.  Notice that the cover art is that of the song that the mouse is now pointing to, but the other information is from the song that it used to point to (before you pressed Ctrl-O).

Solomon

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #18 on: April 28, 2005, 06:14:45 am »

Import still adds the imported tracks to Recently Imported playlist is an unknown/undesired order.  This was never a problem in MC10 and prior versions. This has been reported before and really degrades the Recently Imported feature if you use this playlist for specific needs (maintain album and track # import order for backups, for example).

Try this:
1. Put an unimported album in Playing Now and have it in Track # order
2. Select the tracks in Playing Now and right-click and Import them
3. Goto Recently Imported playlist
4. Notice the album you added is there in Recently Imported at the end, but the tracks are no longer in Track # order anymore.  The are in some random, MC11-generated order.  Manually re-ordering Recently Imported loses the actual order you imported the albums in (which is important to me).  This all worked wonderfully before MC11.

You can also just view an album in a folder in My Computer and import it and get the same undesired results.  I believe importing from Windows Explorer (right-click menu for MC) does maintain the proper track # order (but, I forget now).

Things get even uglier if you import multiple albums at once as they get all shuffled in the Recently Imported playlist (at the end).

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #19 on: April 28, 2005, 09:48:26 am »

After displaying Skins Manager and clicking Close button, keyboard shortcut keys don't work (I tried Ctrl+O [for Options] and Ctrl+2 and Alt+2 to test).

Bartabedian

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #20 on: April 28, 2005, 12:04:22 pm »

Choose files>send to CD-drive>Next>Show List>Show files in subfolders...if you have a disc in the burner that has exsisting data, media center crashes\closes everytime.

Very very very old bug - CD burn function "Prefix List Order To Filename" inserts nothing but 1's.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #21 on: April 28, 2005, 02:18:11 pm »

Bug in Alternate Track Switching.

If I use ALT-M MC switches to the Alternate Mode Settings. That works.
As far as I know it is possible to hold down the ALT-key and click the next-button to use the alternate settings just for one switch.
This last option does not work in MC250. Also holding down ALT and double clicking the next song does not work.

Peter
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.
Pages: [1]   Go Up