INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.251 Release Candidate  (Read 3136 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.251 Release Candidate
« on: April 28, 2005, 03:35:46 pm »

We're just about ready to release Media Center 11.0.  We appreciate your bug reports.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311  Please post bugs you're sure about here.  Post anything else in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0. 

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110251.exe

11.0.251 (4/28/05)

1. Fixed: When switching visualizations with the right-click menu, they would not always stay selected when restarting playback.
2. Changed: Upon entering the TV channel scanning dialog window, scanning will automatically start without waiting for the user to click the "Scan" button if the channel list is empty.
3. Changed: TV channel "Auto Scan" button is renamed "Scan".
4. Changed: "TV Instructions.txt" file is updated.
5. Changed: Added advanced view option to turn off checking for missing files. (can slow lists down with network drives)
6. Fixed: Import paths pointing to the root of a network drive would not work properly.
7. Fixed: When adding and removing folders from the import dialog, recent check box changes could be discarded.
8. Fixed: When clicking an item in a pane and then pressing play, the expected files would not always start playing.
9. Changed: In-place editing doesn't use auto-complete comboboxes for name and filename fields. (since they have lots of values (slow) and also because they're generally unique values)
10. Fixed: After closing Skin Manager, MC would not accept keyboard shortcuts until it was first clicked.
11. Fixed: Viewing a burn list while an existing data CD was in the drive could cause a crash.
12. Fixed: List tooltips could show the wrong information if a dialog was shown, the mouse moved, and then the dialog canceled with the keyboard.
13. Fixed: The burning option to "Prefix List Order" would not work properly unless a Custom naming scheme was being used.
14. Fixed: Working with partially filled lists could be overly slow.
15. Fixed: Better radio station support for Library, UPnP and TiVo Servers.
16. Changed: Option to filter out international characters to UPnP devices, since they are not yet supported.

11.0.250 (4/27/05)

1. Fixed: Clicking "Digital Chan" button on "TV Channels" property page sometimes resulted in the "Scan Channels" dialog window for analog channels displayed.
2. Fixed: Clicking a digital channel entry on "TV Channels" property page sometimes resulted in crash.
3. Fixed: Import would not search directories in some cases. (introduced in 249)
4. Fixed: MC would not allow right-click Import Into Library on some internet streams.
5. Fixed: Mini view playlist would not display track information. (introduced in 249)
6. Changed: Expanded functionality of IsEqual(...) expression to allow less-than / greater-than tests.
7. Fixed: Theater View Playing Now would not update properly when switching zones.

11.0.249 (4/26/05)

1. Fixed: Alt+1...9 keyboard shortcuts would be translated inside of edit controls, making it difficult to enter international characters.
2. Changed: Drop location line shown when dragging and dropping inside a list was not clearly visible with some skins.
3. Optimized: Several list drawing optimizations that make lists draw, scroll, etc. around 20% faster.
4. Fixed: Action Bin > Burn > Clear Queue command was not working properly.
5. Fixed: Mini View toolbar button would incorrectly show "Escape" as the shortcut.
6. Changed: Included updated Aruba skin.
7. Changed: Aruba the default skin on a fresh install.
8. Changed: Revised splash screen coloring and version label. (no longer beta)
8. Fixed: Download Manager would crash after downloading.
10. Fixed: TV recording initiated by Media Scheduler was not imported.
11. Fixed: Download Manager Property pages would crash.
12. Changed: Revised library browser and plugin tree icons.
13. Fixed: MC would not allow right-click Import Into Library on internet streams.
14. Fixed: WMA Encoder Plugin would crash with incorrect settings.
15. Fixed: Sync data to Portables was not updating the MC database correctly.
16. Fixed: Some fields were not returned correctly for WMDM portables.
17. Changed: Added additional logging for portable disconnects and connects.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

bytestar

• MC Beta Team
  • Alpha/Betatester
Re: Media Center 11.0.251 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: April 28, 2005, 03:46:16 pm »

11.0.251 (4/28/05)

8. Fixed: When clicking an item in a pane and then pressing play, the expected files would not always start playing.

thanks for it goes again perfectly  :D
Official Microsoft © product tester.
Download the latest language file https://1drv.ms/u/s!AnQ3L_bTnnzv4otXL9-G4rUj9wX6Tw?e=TLGgjb (is constantly updated)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2005, 04:09:32 pm »

4:07 CST: Uploaded a new version with version number 251.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #3 on: April 28, 2005, 04:35:40 pm »

Matt,
I copied this over from the 250 thread:
If I use ALT-M MC switches to the Alternate Mode Settings. That works.
As far as I know it is possible to hold down the ALT-key and click the next-button to use the alternate settings just for one switch.
This last option does not work in MC250. Also holding down ALT and double clicking the next song does not work.

Is it on your list to fix?
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #4 on: April 28, 2005, 04:46:55 pm »

If I use ALT-M MC switches to the Alternate Mode Settings. That works.
As far as I know it is possible to hold down the ALT-key and click the next-button to use the alternate settings just for one switch.
This last option does not work in MC250. Also holding down ALT and double clicking the next song does not work.

MC 10 required you to hold ALT down for alternate mode.  This was a source of confusion.

MC 11 made alternate a mode something you enter / exit, where holding ALT has no effect.

UnknownID

« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2005, 07:41:29 pm »

There seems to be a few small glitches on the Download Manager.

Options dialogue box (under Settings) changes sizes depending on which of the 3 menus you are viewing. "General" seems fine, but
"File Associations" and "Authentication" are smaller and distort the dialogue box if you switch back to "General".

Also, selecting any one of these after a user has moved the dialogue box causes the box to re-center on the download manager, which is frustrating.

Lastly, the icon at the top left in this same area is the generic window icon; it seems like a specialized icon was never applied.

UnknownID

sbsp2

• Galactic Citizen
« Reply #6 on: April 28, 2005, 09:02:52 pm »

Import still adds the imported tracks to Recently Imported playlist in an unknown/undesired order.  This was never a problem in MC10 and prior versions. This has been reported before and really degrades the Recently Imported feature if you use this playlist for specific needs (maintain album and track # import order for backups, for example).

Try this:
1. Put an unimported album in Playing Now and have it in Track # order
2. Select the tracks in Playing Now and right-click and Import them
3. Goto Recently Imported playlist
4. Notice the album you added is there in Recently Imported at the end, but the tracks are no longer in Track # order anymore.  The are in some random, MC11-generated order.  Manually re-ordering Recently Imported (using column clicks) loses the actual order you imported the albums in (which is important to me).  This all worked wonderfully before MC11.

You can also just view an album in a folder in My Computer and import it and get the same undesired results.  I believe importing from Windows Explorer (right-click menu for MC) does maintain the proper track # order (but, I forget now).

Things get even uglier if you import multiple albums at once as they get all shuffled in the Recently Imported playlist (at the end).

[still 'broken' in build 251]

JaredH

• Superfluously Articulate
« Reply #7 on: April 28, 2005, 11:19:15 pm »

I dont know if this is a bug, but if it is not, it seems that it should be recognized as so.

See http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?topic=27326.0 for the description of the basic issue.

If the disc number were tied to the album in the same way that the track number is, then it would eliminate the need for this type of view scheme.

Jim, Matt, is this a recognized bug, or is this by design?
J. A. Hayslett

Blog & Gallery - http://www.bgracetfaith.net

ulvatne

• Recent member
« Reply #8 on: April 28, 2005, 11:35:31 pm »

Things are looking quite nice now (as always in MC). However - a rather large suggestion has not been responded to:

I like and need the Theater View. However, screen estate is valuable, and sometime in build 2xx the visualization took over the whole lower half of the screen. This is too much! I would like to have the option to use the screen to display the list of songs I am playing - not just the first 10 of them - and not waste the rest on cover art or flying saucers. Please - give us this option - or at least the option of controlling the size of the visulazation

d_pert

• Galactic Citizen
  • I love music and great audio!
« Reply #9 on: April 29, 2005, 12:01:05 am »

Multiple "split views" do not remember thier respective "locations". So, in a "show two views" scenario, if I set the upper pane to "Playing Now" and the lower pane to "Library Browser", these different locations are not remembered through restart of application. Both panes default back to whatever is set under Tools - Options - Startup. A pain to set things up each time I relaunch the application. Any way to make the "Startup Inderface -  Location: XXXX" remember multi-view combos or somthing? Or three "Startup Inderface -  Location: XXXX" settings for each of three views?
Derek Pert
(Windows 11 Pro x64 / 32GB RAM)

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #10 on: April 29, 2005, 12:19:23 am »

Multiple "split views" do not remember thier respective "locations". So, if I set the upper pane to "Playing Now" and the lower pane to "Lbrary Browser", these different locations are not remembered through restart of application. Both panes default back to whatever is set under Tools - Options - Startup. A pain to set things up every time. Any way to make the "Startup Inderface -  Location: XXXX" have multi-view combos or somthing?

It would be very nice to have this default setting in before final release. On the other hand it is not a bug. It is by design.
I am setting up a list of features for multiple views. I will release it after MC11 is officially released.

Peter
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

dcwebman

« Reply #11 on: April 29, 2005, 07:01:31 am »

During install the picture shown for the Aruba skin is the old one with the black action box.
Jeff

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #12 on: April 29, 2005, 10:30:15 am »

Things are looking quite nice now (as always in MC). However - a rather large suggestion has not been responded to:

I like and need the Theater View. However, screen estate is valuable, and sometime in build 2xx the visualization took over the whole lower half of the screen. This is too much! I would like to have the option to use the screen to display the list of songs I am playing - not just the first 10 of them - and not waste the rest on cover art or flying saucers. Please - give us this option - or at least the option of controlling the size of the visulazation

The stock skins have a large PIP in Playing Now.

However, you can make a custom skin that uses any layout you like.  (edit Main.xml in the skin folder)

Pages: [1]   Go Up