INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Request: COM SDK support for sorting  (Read 2676 times)

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
Request: COM SDK support for sorting
« on: November 05, 2005, 05:09:48 am »

I've been working on my CAV6.6 keypad controller software a bit lately, and have added support for browsing playlists, among other things.  I would like to be able to support re-sorting of playlists from the keypads, but it's currently not possible because the SDK doesn't support it.  As such, I would like to request that the COM SDK be extended to support sorting:

1) The MJPlaylistAutomation COM object needs a method GetSortOrder() which returns a string describing the sort order of the playlist
2) The MJCurPlaylistAutomation COM object needs a method Sort() which accepts a string parameter telling it how to sort
3) The MJFilesAutomation COM object also needs a Sort() method which accepts a string parameter (in addition to the existing parameterless version)

randycw

• Recent member
Re: Request: COM SDK support for sorting
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2006, 11:20:18 am »

First,  thank you Zoner for working of this.
Second, thank J River for working with the developers to improve your software.

Last,  being able to sort playlists would be greatly appreciated.  So if somebody from JRiver could at least put some kind of reply here, that would be nice.   ?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2006, 11:42:44 am »

This would be a nice addition to MC 12.  It's a little tricky because sorts aren't the easiest thing to serialize to a string.

For now, you may be able to work around it by doing a search and using the ~sort=... keyword in the search.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2006, 11:58:17 am »

Thanks for replying, Matt!  Not sure I understand your reply, though.  Just so we're not talking about different things - what I am trying to do is to re-sort the playing now list, so that the songs play in a different order.  That is, exactly like clicking on a column heading in playing now (to sort the list based on that column), and then choosing "Update order".  What I am looking for is a way to do this via the COM SDK.

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2006, 12:04:55 pm »

Any luck with this?

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2006, 03:59:29 pm »

The first public alpha of Media Center 12 will have a Sort2(...) function for files automation objects that takes a string just like the smartlist keyword ~sort=. (i.e. album,artist-d)

We can add other functions if you still need them once we start rolling.  Sorry, but we don't have an alpha date chosen yet.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Zoner

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2006, 01:50:19 am »

Thanks, Matt - that sounds great!  The other thing that would be really, really helpful would be to be able to somehow automatically work out how a playlist is sorted.  This is so that we can link the +/- keys on the keypad to the sort key.  For example, if the playlist is sorted by artist, then the +/- keys should skip to the next/prev artist.  If it's sorted by album, then they should skip to the next/prev album.  This is the functionality everyone requests - let me know any way you can see a good way to implement this functionality.
Pages: [1]   Go Up