INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC11 - syncronizing databases between computers  (Read 730 times)

rjm

• Citizen of the Universe
MC11 - syncronizing databases between computers
« on: May 02, 2005, 02:27:04 am »

I maintain a syncronized copy of my MP3s on my desktop and laptop (in exactly the same drive and folder structure).

With MC10 it was easy to synchronize the MC databases between my desktop and laptop. I found I could just copy the (few) database files and everything worked fine (i.e. customizations & imports I made on one computer would move to the other).

With MC11 it appears more complex because the Database\Cache files seem to come and go. Do you have any tips for me? Is it sufficient to just copy the \Database\*.jmd files and ignore the \Database\Cache\* files?

One of my key requirements is to not have to copy the thumbnail cache files since they are so large and I sync twice a day.

Thanks, Rob

dcwebman

Re: MC11 - syncronizing databases between computers
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2005, 07:40:27 am »

I simply do a Backup Library and then on the other computer do a Restore Library.
Jeff

rpalmer68

• MC Beta Team
Re: MC11 - syncronizing databases between computers
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2005, 07:44:27 am »

Rob,

I don't have a technical answer, but I just copy the whole database directory and all sub-directories to my 2nd machine and haven't as yet had any problems.  You probably don't need the cache directory, but I don't know for sure.

This brings over my entire library with all views etc.

Richard
Pages: [1]   Go Up