INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC 11 Feature Questions  (Read 710 times)

jimpmc

• World Citizen
  • nothing more to say...
MC 11 Feature Questions
« on: May 14, 2005, 07:42:25 am »

I finally got around to upgrading to MC 11 from MC 10 (and MC 9), and purchased/installed v11.0.266.  I know from reading various build threads, that a lot of work was done.  In looking at the feature list, it reads:

MC 11 Improvements
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists

Where is this tile view?  I seem to remember seeing screenshots of "lists" with the album art as part of the row each track had.

Also, I've found one thing about navigating the main thumbnail/list since V9 counter-intuitive and have occasionally posted about it.  I often find that while displaying Album Thumbnails, I want to just double-click on an album thumbnail and have it display the tracks in that album in list view.  The tooltip shows it, but to actually get the tracklist I instead either have to select the Album's name from the pane above, or right click the album art and go through menu/sub-menu choices to locate album.   The Library Browser provides some of this, as does Theater-view, but why couldn't it be an option in the main view as well?  Basically, a double-click option which selects the Album and switches to list view (i.e. displays all tracks in that album)?  It's currently a lot of clicking/choices to navigate in and out of albums using album art.

Again, I know a lot of work has gone into MC 11 and there are a lot of options at one's disposal, it's just a few things could make it a better graphical experience when navigating libraries using Album Art.   Perhaps the Tile View allows this sort of customization beyond the stock Library Browser, but I can't find it. 

Thanks,
Jim

Tor

• Recent member
Re: MC 11 Feature Questions
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2005, 11:22:12 am »

jimpmc,

I also used a lot of effort going between the option of album art and details in my list views, but I found that I can customize the toolbar (tools/options/tree & view) and have put up the two icons i need for easy swapping between the two views. MC also highlights the icon currently being used...

-Tor-
Pages: [1]   Go Up