INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: modelmaker: MC 11 Issues  (Read 2212 times)

modelmaker

• Citizen of the Universe
modelmaker: MC 11 Issues
« on: May 12, 2005, 03:11:21 am »

-What happened to the volume controls in Theater View>Playing Now? ?

-Sometimes I can't right-click in vis widow (Standard View). I have to restart MC to get function back.

-Crossfading also doesn't seem to be working right. I just tried in v10 with all the same settings and it works fine there. I'm playing VBR Hi mp3s.

When I let MC play, song x ends, song z starts, no crossfade. (setting: Switch Tracks: Cross-fade Smooth - tried .5 secs thru 4 secs - "Aggressive" doesn'y work either).

While song x is playing, double click or  use >> button on another song and crossfade works.

With "do Not Play Silence" turned on, the ends of songs are cut off; with it turned off the songs end like they should, but no crossfade either way.

Media Center Registered 11.0.264 -- C:\Program Files\J River MC 11\Media Center 11\

Microsoft Windows 2000  Workstation 5.0 Service Pack 4 (Build 2195)
AMD Athlon 1659 MHz MMX / Memory: Total - 523 MB, Free - 230 MB

Internet Explorer: 6.0.2800.1106 / ComCtl32.dll: 5.81 / Shlwapi.dll: 6.00.2800.1612 (xpsp2.041207-1145) / Shell32.dll: 5.00.3900.7032 / wnaspi32.dll: N/A
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
Re: modelmaker: MC 11 Issues
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2005, 09:32:45 am »

Theater View volume menu commands were removed.  If you're using a remote, you'll probably have a volume on it.  If you're at the computer, the volume is right there.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

About cross-fading, remember that you need to stop playback for the settings to take effect.

Also, without "Do not play silence" enabled, 4 seconds may be hard to notice with some songs.

All this is to say that everything seems to be working fine here, and nothing has changed in this area.  It makes us think something else is going on.

Thanks.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

modelmaker

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2005, 01:14:31 pm »

As mentioned in the "release" thread by me and others, the ATI RW volume is not working at all, so unless I'm in front of the computer I have no control of the volume.

I know about stopping before changes take effect.

I tested this for several hours last nite, resetting the crossfade time, stopping, waiting a few seconds, and then restarting play. I tried this with .5 secs (my normal setting), 1 sec, 2 sec s, 3 secs, & 4 secs.

I tried this first with "do not play silence" on (my normal setting), then again with it turned off, going thru the whole sequence described above.

I'll play with this some more this afternoon and report back.
Jay.

Matt

• Administrator
  • Shoes gone again!
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2005, 01:43:57 pm »

As mentioned in the "release" thread by me and others, the ATI RW volume is not working at all, so unless I'm in front of the computer I have no control of the volume.

This will be fixed next build.
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

modelmaker

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2005, 05:34:25 pm »

I restarted my machine this afternoon and for now the crossfade gremlins seem to have disappeared, however with the "do not play the silence" on, some songs are being cut off a couple of seconds early - is there anyway to set the sensitivity?

Jay.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2005, 06:01:41 pm »

Just installed 265.

Here's the ATI RW update:

Vol/mute works in all views again.

Player controls still do not work in Fullscreen, Windowed & Theater Views. They do work in Standard View now.

Getting closer!! :)

With 265, the Player controls are working for me in Fullscreen and Theater View (I didn't test Windowed, but I bet it works) with my Remote Wonder 2 on two different machines (I have two Remote Wonder 2's).  If I remember correctly, you have the RW1 rather than the 2?  That shouldn't be the issue though, as they work almost identically...

Just to check the blatantly obvious, you didn't reassign those buttons using Keyfactory out of frustration did you?

Maybe it is the 1/2 difference...?
"Some cultures are defined by their relationship to cheese."

Visit me on the Interweb Thingie: http://glynor.com/

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2005, 09:18:12 pm »

FYI

They work here too.

modelmaker

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2005, 10:26:59 pm »

I never reassigned the keys.

However, I have a good news update. I didn't need to reboot when I installed 265 earlier today which is when I made my update.

I have since rebooted and all of a sudden everything is working! :)

I've now tried all views both on the main monitor (Display 1) and my TV monitor (Display 2) and vol/mute & all player controls work as they should.

That was my "dealbreaker", any other bugs are just minor irritants to me, so I'll be packing up that version 10 tonite! :D Joy. Good job guys. I Love My MC.

Listening to: 'Turn It On' from 'Level 42' by 'Level 42' on Media Center 11
Jay.

Griff

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2005, 10:38:38 pm »

Glad its working

modelmaker

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2005, 10:54:29 pm »

I guess I should reboot more often! I go for days on end without turning this thing off. It runs most of my media and I don't get much work done without my media!
I spend most of my time in my workshop which has almost as good a system as my media room and the computer is in a third room, so I'm kinda lost without the RW, (my RF keyboard doesn't have media keys-it's old).
Jay.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2005, 11:28:23 pm »

I'm glad too!   ;D

You don't realize how reliant you become on the little features until you really can't use them.  Until I did my new HTPC setup I always had the buttons remapped so I never complained much.  I never liked that they were remapped, but it worked.

I've had the HTPC hooked up to the TV for a years and years, but I upgraded a bunch of components in it recently (a shiny new AIW x800XT mostly) and re-set it up so that all my "TV" watching, including the Sat Dish and "On-Air" channels went through the PC. Before, I could (and often did) switch the TV to "computer mode", but I had the Sat Receiver directly connected to the TV also.  I had a AIW card then too, but I never bothered to set it up "properly" (for a variety of reasons).

When I switched and needed to use the remote for a variety of TV-related software, so could no longer just remap the keys, the issue went from mildly irritating to dealbreaker annoying. 

I'm just thrilled.  I've been sitting here playing videos and music, just so I can use the new version!  Fan-tas-tic!

modelmaker

« Reply #11 on: May 13, 2005, 12:06:56 am »

I'm on my 3rd rum and coke enjoying the tunes and G-Force and skippin' around with the RW! 8)

Listening to: 'A. Dodo - B Lurker' from '1981 - Abacab' by 'Genesis' on Media Center 11

Listening to: 'And Then You Kissed Me' from 'Long Gone Before Daylight' by 'The Cardigans' on Media Center 11

Listening to: 'Everything' from 'Disciplined Breakdown' by 'Collective Soul' on Media Center 11

Listening to: 'Waitin' For The Wind' from 'Best Of Spooky Tooth' by 'Spooky Tooth' on Media Center 11

Listening to: 'Fanfare/Fire Poem /Fire' from 'The Crazy World Of Arthur Brown' by 'Arthur Brown' on Media Center 11

Listening to: 'Lying Still' from 'World Machine' by 'Level 42' on Media Center 11

Listening to: 'Phoenix' from 'Ashes To Ashes' by 'Joe Sample' on Media Center 11

Listening to: 'Gypsy-attle' from 'Chasing Shadows' by 'Pearl Django' on Media Center 11

Listening to: 'Midnite Shuffle' from 'Looking In  '70' by 'Savoy Brown' on Media Center 11

Listening to: 'On Your Road' from 'Steamhammer' by 'Steamhammer' on Media Center 11

Listening to: 'Definitely Maybe' from 'Jeff Beck Group' by 'Jeff Beck' on Media Center 11

istening to: 'Stone In My Shoe' from 'Animal Logic II' by 'Animal Logic' on Media Center 11

Listening to: 'Automatic' from 'The Invitation' by 'Thirteen Senses' on Media Center 11
Jay.

glynor

• MC Beta Team
« Reply #12 on: May 13, 2005, 05:43:42 pm »

(In Homer-voice)

Mmmm.... Rum and coke.

Pages: [1]   Go Up