INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: Media Center 11.0.263 Release Candidate  (Read 3008 times)

Matt

• Administrator
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • Shoes gone again!
Media Center 11.0.263 Release Candidate
« on: May 10, 2005, 12:27:09 pm »

We're just about ready to release Media Center 11.0.  We appreciate your bug reports.  PRICES are here: http://yabb.jriver.com/interact/index.php?board=3;action=display;threadid=23311  Please post bugs you're sure about here.  Post anything else in a new thread with a subject like "MC11 problem with ..." or "MC11 question about ....".    Feature requests should be postponed until we've finished 11.0. 

Media Center 11 is available here:
ftp://ftp.jriver.com/pub/downloads/music/MediaCenter110263.exe

11.0.263 (5/10/05)

1. Fixed: Skin components could draw incorrectly in some cases. (introduced in 262)
2. Changed: In-place edit in Media Library panes now uses an auto-complete combobox.
3. Changed: Tooltips use skin coloring instead of system coloring.
4. Changed: Tooltips wrap long text to multiple lines.
5. NEW: Media Center adaptively selects the amount of pre-buffering based on the speed of the source. (improves performance with network / slow drives)
6. Fixed: URLs in web view headers were not readable with the Aruba skin.
7. Fixed: Starting a movie (or switching to a new movie) could cause a dead-lock in some cases.
8. Changed: Added improved playback logging to DirectX playback engine.
9. Fixed: When drag and dropping files on the Portable Action Window, if the same file was added more than once, MC would warn of 'Duplicates'.
10. Changed: When files fail to convert when transferring to a Portable, an information dialogue will alert users to this failure.
11. Fixed: Uninstall program was invoking Media Center application during the uninstall process.
12. Changed: Expanding the "Drives & Devices" tree node could be quite slow on some systems.
13. Fixed: When launching a program from Theater View, MC would not properly minimize and restore.
14. Fixed: Clicking "Print File List" in the Action Window could switch the Action Window to the device connected screen.
15. Fixed: Playback of files on iPod from within MC.

11.0.262 (5/9/05)

1. Fixed: When ripping from two or more CD drives, when one CD finished and a new one was inserted, both CD's restarted at the first track.
2. Fixed: The install wizard could fail to run on some machines.
3. Fixed: Some skin items could be incorrectly drawn with a slight amount of transparency.
4. Fixed: Mini View position text and sliders would not update properly during playback.
5. Fixed: In some cases, pressing a disabled "List Style" toolbar button could still switch the list's style.
6. Changed: Log files are now created in the Media Center sub-directory. (ex. C:\Documents & Settings\[User Name]\Application Data\JRiver\Media Center 11\Log.txt)
7. Changed: Handheld views show a picture of a generic handheld. (instead of a specific, possibly wrong handheld)
8. Fixed: Media Center could crash after restoring a library backup.
9. Fixed: Sorting file lists could be slower than expected in some cases.
10. Fixed: Artist Info searches wouldn't work as expected for artist names with spaces in them.
11. Fixed: Customize Current View > Column List would not always work properly.
12. Fixed: Additional Roku autodetection.
13. Fixed: UPnP Settings for Allow Visual and Filter International Characters sometimes didn't work.
14. Fixed: Media Center could import broken links from playlists in some cases.
15. Fixed: "Cancel" during an import would not stop until newly found files were added. (now stops right away)
16. Changed: Added "View complete log" link back to the import summary dialog.
17. Fixed: WAV files didn't play on Roku because of incorrect MIME type.
18. FIxed: Several dropdown box sizes.
19. Changed: Updated uninstall program to remove more installation artifacts left by current uninstall program.
20. Fixed: Uninstall would crash when unregistering server_tivo.dll and server_upnp.dll on Windows 98SE.

11.0.261 (5/7/05)

1. Fixed: MC could crash at the end of a WMA track. (introduced in 260)
2. Fixed: The install wizard could fail to run on some machines.
3. Fixed: MC could fail to copy JROptionsHelper.dll when setup finalized after a reboot.
4. Changed: Debug logging changes will not fully take effect until MC is restarted.

11.0.260 (5/6/05)

1. Fixed: Z skin did not have a handle on horizontal sliders. (again -- please let us know if it disappears again)
2. Changed: MC will show the "can't play any files" error after 1000 silent failures for large playlists. (otherwise it can be too slow when a drive gets accidently disconnected, and you're trying to play a 25,000 song playlist)
3. NEW: Updated MC 11 about box.
4. Optimized: Initial loading time for the file database is much faster. (can cut several seconds off the MC load time when using a large library)
5. Optimized: Core code shared between all components starts much faster and uses less memory -- the cumulative speed and memory savings between all pieces is quite substantial.
6. Optimized: Library views are built faster.
7. Fixed: Pressing backspace while at the end of an in-place edit would not always work as expected.
8. Fixed: Library pane scroll position would not be properly restored when returning to a view with the back shortcut.
9. Optimized: MC uses less CPU resources when not currently visible.
10. Fixed: Action Window would show after the connection of a portable device that was set to be ignored.
11. Fixed: Duplicate files will not cause iPod playlists to be removed.
12. Changed: Removed "MC" text from options dialog.

MC 11 Improvements

CUE file playback support with sample-accurate MP3 seeking
Many Theater View enhancements
Split views so you can look at two (or more) views at the same time (ex. look at Media Library and Playing Now together)
Vastly improved database engine capable of handling 100,000's of files and large amounts of metadata (lyrics, bios, etc.)
Several memory and speed enhancements -- like database and skin unloading when minimizing MC
Much of MC's interface can be translated to other languages
Integrated database import and update with smart broken linking repairing, and other nice features
MC can run with guest permissions on Windows 2000 / Windows XP
New view customization system with more flexibility for thumbnail size, text, etc.
Options dialogs reworked -- several small options added
Added multi-zone synchronization
Added Album Gain support
Document support with full text searching / indexing
Pane auto-sizing
Tile view that allows fully customizable Track Info style tiles to be used in file lists
New database caching layer that makes a huge speed difference in many areas of MC
File tagging happens in a background thread so MC can continue to be used while it's saving tags
Basic image editing
Enhanced album grouping for pictures so pictures taken together get grouped without any user intervention
Preview mode to only play the intro of songs
Video CD playback support
Audio resampling uses Shibatch's high-quality SSRC filters
ATI HDTV card support
Hauppauge WinTV PVR 150 support
UPnP device support
Audible.com Store -- full integration (downloads, playback, bookmarks, etc.)
Sony PSP support
iPod -- Support for multiple iPods with different profiles
New file format -- Shockwave (SWF)
Matt Ashland, JRiver Media Center

Pink Waters

• Finally I understand the feelings of the few
Re: Media Center 11.0.263 Release Candidate
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2005, 02:40:00 pm »

New issues:

[li]Toolbars, actions window and options window Icons are not showed correctly (they are appears as low resolution icons) and some areas in MC is not showed correctly especially in the top header of MC too.[/li][/list]

Old issues still present:

• Mini-e skin transparent when inactive is not working properly (sometimes you have to click on MC and then click anywhere elso to get transparent.
  • Media library selections reset when getting back to it by back button.
  • When closing MC while minimized to the notification are i takes a little bit much time
  • You have to change tabs in media library in order to update tag info (media library does not update tag info untill changing tab)
  • MC seems to have a problem with more than 1 storage area handhelds (Internal memory+MMC...etc)
  • CD look up is not working properly when changing search site and clicking search
  • MC does not play Real media files even with real player installed on the system
  • Mini-me skins time update is not working properly
Tamer

Cmagic

• Enjoying life with a little music....
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2005, 02:52:39 pm »

Hi Matt,

13. Fixed: When launching a program from Theater View, MC would not properly minimize and restore.

Great, it's working again now, thanks.

And BTW, since this is my 1000th post and MC11 release is approaching fast , I would like to take the opportunity and give you a for all those great years of fun.  :D

Christian
Until the color of a man's skin is of no more significance
than the color of his eyes.
Bob Marley (War)

Pink Waters

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2005, 06:46:12 pm »

editing playlist names in views does not update it automatically in the tree!
Tamer

EpF

« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2005, 07:16:23 pm »

When clicking 'remove' from 'columns to show' in 'edit view scheme', MC always removes the top one, not the highlighted one...

Pink Waters

« Reply #5 on: May 10, 2005, 07:51:42 pm »

handheld stored file information is not automatically updated... so when deleting media files from handheld by windows explorer then sync playlist by MC, MC reports file deletion error
Tamer

Valissystem

• World Citizen
  • Muso on ice...
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2005, 06:19:12 am »

Real Media files don't seem to play. I get a message dialog saying "Cannot determine the version of Real Networks Real Player...". Last week files played fine. Not with this latest version.

LonWar

« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2005, 08:23:40 am »

This works amazingly......... I can finally use the Thunderstorm WB skin and the Thunderstorm MC skin

AMAZING!!!!

Thanks,
-

mooseman

• Junior Woodchuck
  • I'm a llama!
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2005, 09:30:20 am »

Should it have removed the plugins I had installed?  Cover Art Finder, Auto Import, Playing Now, etc. are now gone.

Though it could be that I was previously running 10 & 11, and for .262 I let it remove 10.

Dutch Peter

• Carpe Diem
« Reply #9 on: May 11, 2005, 09:49:27 am »

When clicking 'remove' from 'columns to show' in 'edit view scheme', MC always removes the top one, not the highlighted one...

I can confirm this behavior.

Peter
Stupid questions do not exist, only stupid answers.

GHammer

• MC Beta Team
  • Stereotypes are a real timesaver!
« Reply #10 on: May 11, 2005, 09:59:59 am »

Excellent, thank you.

Link

• World Citizen
  • Is that some kind of Eastern thing?
« Reply #11 on: May 11, 2005, 11:08:35 am »

BUG 1: Complete Album calculated field does not work for multiple album sets.

I have many of these - one example:  Jimmy Buffett - Meet Me in Margaritaville

This is a 2 disk set, fully tagged, both disks with a complete list of track numbers, the Disk number field used to differentiate the 2 disks.  However, Complete Album shows up as false unless I force the 2 disks to have different album names.

This will fail for most any box set etc, and screws up any query/viewscheme that is looking for complete albums.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BUG 2: When ripping albums, MC is leaving a rip log in the album folder each time.  I do NOT save it explicitly.  It is named the same as the last track of the album.
I perform a secure rip, click on the close button, and then if I look in the album folder it is there. 

I did note that the log has been corrected to show all albums in a long ripping session, rather than just the last one - thanks for that!

JONCAT

2 points: YADB & Shuffle toggle
« Reply #12 on: May 11, 2005, 11:29:09 am »

I had some tracks that I was hoping to find in YADB, since they were labled all wrong.

I tried one and was suprised to find it in YADB.

So I selected the entire album = ZERO results found.

If I tried more than 2 files, it failed, but 2 files at a time worked fine.

-----

Another bug is that the shuffle toggle works only one way  in realtime; if you try to toggle off the shuffle during playback it does not work until you stop playback and resume. It will, however, toggle shuffling on during playback when shuffle is off.
-------------

MC keeps getting better...261 is really nice. Editing and traveling between songs with arrow keys, cutting and pasting, is FAST and snappy, no hangage........The last version also seemed to hang a bit at startup when I selected to view my Audio section.....thanks!
JC

Snarglefarg

• World Citizen
  • [your quote here]
« Reply #13 on: May 11, 2005, 02:00:36 pm »

Unfortunately, still unable to play from Library Server when Library Option is set to "Always convert files" and the conversion type is set to anything other than "Windows Media."

modelmaker

« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2005, 02:06:03 pm »

Much better! However, if hover on the right half of the screen, the tooltip goes off the screen - the only thing you see is the thumbnail. Can't you make the tooltip stay on the screen no matter where you activate it?
Jay.

"Life is what happens when you're making other plans"     John Lennon.
Pages: [1]   Go Up