INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: CDDB support-or lack thereof...  (Read 623 times)

ZLoth

• I'm just a weekend technician....
CDDB support-or lack thereof...
« on: October 13, 2002, 03:25:09 pm »

Uh, what gives?

I hate to make my first point a unhappy post, but I have registered Media Jukebox since version 7.something. Nice program, better than MusicMatch, registered it for the variable bitrate MP3 encoding.

Well, now, I just finished building a new faster box, reinstalled the license, and.... no CDDB support. Every time I click on CDDB register, it just dings at me. No message, nothing. Bug?

Nope. It's because JRiver has, for business reasons and problems with the contract language, had turned off that feature, and it's available only to "grandfathered" users. That is understandable.... BUT.....

* Nowhere on the website is it mentioned that CDDB support is temporarily unavailable. In fact, the FAQ still mentions CDDB.
* I had to dig around this message board and SlashDot to find out what the heck was going on.
* The CDDB button doesn't even give me an informative message as to why I can't register my CDDB username and password.

Now, I haven't used YADB yet, however, it was able to recognize "Buffy, The Vampire Slayer: Once More With Feeling", but didn't recognize "CSI" soundtrack, both of which were recently released. I'm sure that it will be fixed in time, and some of the users suggested another CD service called "FreeDB". Whatever works, I suppose.

In the meantime, I'm still minorly irritated in how this removal of this feature was handled. I didn't even bother reading this forum prior to using this product. It's just that the lack of notification is bothering me.  >:(
Pages: [1]   Go Up