INTERACT FORUM

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1]   Go Down

Author Topic: MC10 - Library problem  (Read 1327 times)

Mozz

MC10 - Library problem
« on: May 16, 2005, 07:46:31 am »

Hi,
Using Media Centre 10 and I have a fully tagged MP3 library that I use with Winamp.
Imported to JRiver fine until I started using the view by album thumbnails options.
Most of the albums are ok, but for a lot of others you select the album and instead of, for example, giving one album with 12 tracks, it will show up as 12 albums with one track each.
Any ideas why and how I can sort it out?

Alex B

• MC Beta Team
  • Citizen of the Universe
  • The Cosmic Bird
Re: MC10 - Library problem
« Reply #1 on: May 16, 2005, 08:17:48 am »

I guess that for some reason MC couldn't determine that those albums are multiple artists albums.

If that is the case it is possible to change the "Album Artist" field for those albums manually. You could select all album tracks and write e.g. VA to that field, but if you write something more descriptive you might find it useful later. For example, if the name of the album is "True Classics Vol. 5 - Happy Times" you could use "True Classics" or the name of the DJ/publisher/composer etc.

EDIT

Do you have each album in a separate folder? I think MC needs that and continuous track numbering besides the common album name for detecting multiple artists albums.
The Cosmic Bird - a triple merger of galaxies: http://eso.org/public/news/eso0755

Mozz

Re: MC10 - Library problem
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2005, 10:53:03 am »

Do you have each album in a separate folder? I think MC needs that and continuous track numbering besides the common album name for detecting multiple artists albums.

That is indeed what I had done  ;D
Some fiddling about later and all is good with the world again.
Thanks very much for the help.
Pages: [1]   Go Up